Past isn't the Past

You had fallen asleep quickly after the night you had, unfortunately for you even though you were wrapped up in Goku's arms you still fell into a horrible series of nightmares. You've had them on and off since you got back, but for the past few weeks they have been occurring every night.

You found yourself back in that basement with Miso on top of you, reliving the events that took place. The worse part was you kept dreaming of the same horrible part, when he stepped away from you, getting his old branding tools and sticking them in the fire. That sick bastard got so much pleasure from this he looked forward to hearing you scream for help, and he loved knowing no one could hear you, no one was coming.

You couldn't control your dreams so all the pain you had gone through, all the torture and hurt you were trying to desperately push down deep inside you was being pushed to the surface. You were forced to relive those events in your dreams, you had hoped with Goku sleeping by your side the dreams would subside, but they didn't.

*** enter last sequence of your dream ***

Miso approached you after burning the shit out of your leg, he thew ice cold water on your legs to cool off the wounds. "Now that I've gotten those screams and energy out, why don't I pick up where I left off, huh little one?"

Tears came streaming from your eyes, all you can remember was thinking about him, the last person to touch you gently, to hold you in their arms and protect you from the world around you.

".... Vegeta...." you whispered to yourself.

"What was that?" Miso asked.

You looked away saying nothing more than that. "Answer me" Miso said while slapping you hard across the face. But you stayed there silent, looking off into space you let your mind go blank, your eyes had no life behind them for that moment in time. The trauma you were going through forced you to check out completely, so you wouldn't feel what he was doing. Your mind was rejecting this attack, but your body was still taking it.

Once he was done, he again poured ice cold water onto you washing away the mess he had made.

"See that wasn't so bad now was it little one?" he asked while caressing your bruised cheek.

You stayed quiet, but he didn't care, he got what he wanted.

"Well, if you won't speak, let's just try to get a little scream out of you again huh?"

Miso approached you with a new smaller knife, he dug it into you just below your collar bone traveling all the way up to your jaw. Once it got to that sensitive area under your jaw you screamed out............

***end sequence***

You jumped up in bed screaming out. "Noooo, stop... Stop please.... please!!"

You sat there holding your face in your hands sobbing uncontrollably, Goku sat up quickly asking,

"Y/N, what's wrong? I'm here...I'm here"

You were startled, you had forgotten that Goku slept with you in your bed. You scooted away and looked at him. Goku lifted his hands up just looking at you, waiting to see what he should do.

"What is happening, I want to comfort her so badly, wrap her up in my arms and take away all the pain I can see in her eyes..." he thought while looking at you, hoping you would reach out to him.

So many thoughts were rushing through your mind, at first this would only happen occasionally, but you noticed the more you've been trying to push it down the more frequent the dreams became. You looked at Goku trying to push away all these thoughts again, your eyes couldn't stop tearing. You closed your eyes pushing it back down, the feeling of fear, of pain, of abandonment, and betrayal. The tears stopped and you looked at Goku again, you fell forward into his chest.