Chapter 4

Sage

The day has come. My first performance ever in London. I am excited and can't express it with words. And I'm already behind schedule. So I have to move fast and go to the stage. I informed the directors, "Okay, okay, I'm ready. I'm going on stage now. "
As soon as I entered the stage, applause broke out from everyone. I carry my enthusiasm with me as I make my way to the microphone. As soon as I noticed Dylan in the front row, I began to sing with happiness until a girl kissed him. I assumed it was his girlfriend, and I couldn't be more pleased that he was watching me. He was the man of my dreams, but I am so jealous and sick right now that I feel like throwing up.
Screw that girl.
I told Dean I needed to use the restroom because I was so envious—or you would say, furious—that I was having trouble breathing. I had no idea what to say, so I simply made up the excuse that I had to visit the restroom. I then walked to the bar to get my mind off things and sat down on the nearest chair I could find.
I requested a shot from the bartender, who said, "Pretty females don't drink. What's your name?"
I chose to ignore him since it is the last thing I wanted to consider. But he persisted in speaking.
Seconds before I hear someone yell, "You have 2 seconds to leave or I'm going to cut your neck off," he said.
I knew that voice was so familiar.
I turned around assuming Dean was there, but all I saw was Dylan. He was shocked and looked at me with a weird look
a weird look and said,"I haven't see you in a long time".
"Yep it's been years." I said.
He questioned me, "What are you doing here at the concert?
"I'm the one singing."
"Oh, you sing? I assumed you desired to work as a chef, therefore I guess I was wrong"
"I actually-"He cut me off before I could finish what I was saying, adding, "Oh I must go, I'm so sorry, but Lauren is calling me."
That bitch.
I just got back from the concert, and I'm not sure how I feel. I experience awful shame.
I always assumed that someone would love me and never let go of me, but nothing lasts forever.
I guess I'm not worth of love.
Screw love.
I'm not sure how much I despise him, and I'm not sure how I'll manage to go through college with him.