Chapter 5

Sage

I have no idea how I was able to go asleep or awaken. Simple words, I did. I feel awful and am not even really prepared for college. I awoke, ate breakfast, and prepared myself.  The bus started honking and SHIT.  I'm already a few minutes late for college. I  hurry out of my apartment with my bag to the bus. I sat in the bus and think, "Wow," there are so many people. Not only myself, but everyone is miserable. College must be awful, I suppose. But it wasn't the reason I was in such a foul mood. Actually, I could care less how college is.
When the bus stopped, I went inside and grabbed my schedule from my bag English was the first class, and it was meant to be in room 13. I feel completely disoriented and have no idea where my class is.
I approached a boy who was opening his locker and asked him where Room 13 was. When I put pressure on his back, Dylan turned to face me. Shit Shit Shit.
Sage, He said, "Hello, do you need anything?"
It seems like we're strangers and didn't know each other's for 15 years.
I lied and said, "Oh hey and nothing, I just ran into you by mistake sorry."
He grabbed my schedule from my hand and looked at it, then said, "You appear lost, let me guide you to your class."
"Oh, you're in room 13 like me. Come with me.", he said.
Great, it couldn't have been a nicer first day of college.
I simply want to go home because I'm so irritated. He is not welcome in my class. I'd prefer not to see him.
I went to class 13 after him and chose a seat in the back so I wouldn't have to interact with anyone. But now he is seated next to me. He truly believes that I desire him, but I don't. Please someone put a stop to this.