2

tw: abuse, injury

miguel's pov:

tristan silently celebrated, which made mason and madeline giggle, but me? i was embarrassed.

"she's fifteen!!" he celebrated quietly, constantly repeating himself.

"your food will go cold" i said, trying to get him to be quiet, but failing as he still teased.

"but 15 and driving a motorcycle?" madeline said.

"yes did you not hear? apparently she got into so much trouble that she decided to take her dads motorcycle" mason said as i now looked at the girl to be a slightly different person.
a bit more... irresponsible.

i finished my food as tristan only begun.

"she's perfect for you" madeline said to me
as i rolled my eyes.

"do you mean that or do you just wanna get to be her friend in the process?" i asked, genuinely as she laughed.

mason laughed along as well, "well she's our age.." mason said.

"right" i said.

"she's perfect for you, like- actually" he said.

"oh come on!" i said, blushing really badly.

"WHOS BLUSHING?" tristan practically shouted as i quickly tried to cover his mouth filled with food.

"SHHH" i said harshly as he just laughed.

"trust me this is the last time i'm going to hang out with you." i said, in a serious tone as his smile faded.

"PLEASE!" he said, making me laugh as i felt the redness on my face slowly go away.

y/ns pov:

i finished my food as the people behind me were really loud, and mentioned me as well.

i didn't pay attention to that; and ignored it instead.

of course they were talking about the fact that i took my dads car.

i listened to every little word they spoke of, until i finished my food.

i didn't bother really going back home, so i decided to sit there on my phone.

as i enjoyed looking at my friends bereals, a slight noise came to the table, a knock.

someone knocked the table i was sitting on to grab my attention.

i looked up to find an asian boy, the same one who had been making all the ruckus previously.

i sighed, "yeah?" i said.

"can i sit here?"

"there's plenty of other seats" i suggested,, which made him laugh as he sat himself down opposite me.

"only 15 and riding a bike huh?"  he said.

"she's fifteen!" i mimicked his previous celebrating as his smile disappeared, making me smile sarcastically as i looked back onto my phone and started scrolling through social media platforms.

"you're dad must be really mad huh?"

i nodded in response, refusing to have a conversation in fear that i'd start over sharing.

the boy cleared his voice as i started to feel slightly squished, i looked to each side and found one long haired  boy and another curly haired boy.

"look- i need to be somewhere" i said as i tried to stand up.

"where?" the boy opposite me said. 

"um-" i stuttered as he smiled.

"right, you don't need to be anywhere" he said as he motioned me to sit down.

i slowly sat myself down with the helmet on the table.

i gulped.

"tristan" he said.

i didn't reply.

"cant we talk to you? you seem like good fun" the curly haired boy said.

"oh trust me i'm not" i said.

"why so?" the other boy said.

"listen, have your parents not taught you about stranger danger?" i asked as they all laughed.

then the girl who i previously saw sitting with them approached.

"hi i'm madeline" she said, smiling.

"y/n.." i said slowly.

"ahhh y/n, what a nice name.." tristan said.

my phone buzzed.

i opened the notification as the two boys sitting next to me looked at my phone.

dad💓
imessage: the second you enter my household is the minute you will experience the worst pain ever. you're in big trouble y/n

i quickly hid my phone, practically praying the two didn't see that.

"sorry" i said, standing up as everyone looked at me.

the boy moved his knees and made space as i practically ran out of the restaurant with the helmet in hand.

i quickly put it on and drove home as fast as possible.

this wasn't a good sign.

he was drunk.

and when he is drunk, he's abusive.

not only to me, but to mom too.

i rushed home.

i parked the motorcycle in the driveway, leaving the helmet on the seat as i ran to the door and searched for the keys to the house in my pockets.

i then opened the door as fast as possible and ran to the kitchen.

tristan's pov:

i looked at everyone, we were all worried for some stranger we only knew the name of.

"what did she get texted?" i asked after noticing the noise was specifically from imessage.

mason and miguel both looked at eachother.

"um-" miguel started.

"she'd get hurt bad if she came home" mason quickly suummarised.

i looked at the two, confused.

"her dad texted her... saying he'd hurt her so bad when she'd get home"

"why did she run off then?" i asked.

"tristan... she might've ran to a friends maybe" mason said.

"right.." i said.

y/ns pov:

"DAD STOP" i shouted at him as he punched mom aggressively.

i pulled him back, away from my mother as he practically threw me against the fridge, causing my back to be in pain as fell to the ground.

"HOW. DARE. YOU" he shouted before grabbing the glass of wine and smashing it onto the floor next to me.

i only heard "911 what's your emergency" after i blacked out.

miguel's pov:

i couldn't sleep all night.

i feel like something bad might've happened to y/n.

and i really liked her, although she refused to talk to any of us.

she was really pretty, and i was basically praying that she'd be okay.