24

i've never even had sports in this school yet, but i guess todays the day.

i didn't even wear something comfortable enough for sports but i couldn't do much about it.

i just decided to not get involved as much.

and the classes always stayed the same, meaning i was with tristan, mason and miguel.

i walked into the massive hall and placed my bag down my the wall, along with the other bags before walking to the bleachers on either sides of the massive hall.

i slowly saw people coming in, as the wall kept filling up with more and more bags.

i sat alone on the bleachers listening to music through my airpods before hearing the whistle blow.

"OKAY CLASS" the lady shouted as her voice echoed.

"TODAY WE WILL ..." miss butler said.

"VOLLEYBALL!" she shouted as mixed reactions came from the bleachers

i took my airpods out of my ears and placed them in the case before putting it in my pocket.

"we will need 6 captains and in each team there will be four people" miss spoke.

"for the first captain.. we will have-"

miss started naming people i didn't know.

"our fifth captain will be y/n" miss said as she indicated me to go down to her and stand 2 metres away from the other captains.

"okay now that we have our six captains i will give you all a number between 1-6 and you will go to that person. can the captains put their numbers up?"

i put up my whole hand, indicating that i was no5.

people slowly started merging into teams and i have noticed the three boys moving further away from eachother in hopes that they get put in a team together.

i m'ignores their gestures, that unluckily didn't even work out.

miguel, tristan and mason were all put into different teams, and unfortunately mason was put into mine.

i didn't say anything to him as he made his way to my line along with 2 other boys.

"NOW I WANT YOU ALL TO GO BEHIND A VOLLEYBALL NET AND DISCUSS YOUR POSITIONS WHILE I GET THE VOLLEYBALLS OUT OF THE CUPBOARD" miss butler spoke as i sighed and turned to face my team which consisted of me and three other boys.

"okay" a boy said.

"what are your names?" i asked the two.

"i'm luke"

"i'm joshua"

"okay okay" i said.

"who's going where?" mason asked.

"who can serve well?" joshua asked as no one replied, but i saw mason looking at me.

"i'll just serve" i said.

"okay who will be at the back with y/n?" luke asked.

"i'll go." mason spoke.

"okay so me and luke are at the front?" joshua asked as we nodded.

"perfect"

"CAN ONE PERSON FROM EACH COURT GET A VOLLEYBALL" miss butler said.

then the games begun, and i was serving against the team on which miguel was on.

amazing, isn't it?

i sighed before throwing the ball in the air and hitting it across the court to the other side.

the game was going pretty well and we were winning almost all the points.

we switched positions and now me and mason were at the front.

i was mainly hitting the ball over the other side but mason was trying.

he was trying to hit the ball over as well.

at one point the ball flew to the middle of me and mason as we both flung our arms in the air to get it over.

he ended up hitting it since his arms were longer but he didn't consider his surrounding and found him hitting my nose with his elbow—
pretty hard.

the ball immediately stopped flying around the court as i quickly covered my nose and felt a hot liquid coming out.

it started flowing through my fingers and dripping onto the floor.

"shit shit shit shit" mason said as luke and joshua ran to us.

miguel quickly ran under the net and put his hand up to my nose whilst placing the other on my back.

i removed my hand which was covered in blood as he quickly led me out of the hall with constant reassurance.

"you're fine you're fine you're fine" he said as he led me to the toilets.

he leaned me over to the sink as he let his hands go, also covered in blood.

he quickly grabbed me tissues from the dispenser and gave them to me as i washed my hands off clean. 

he then washed his hands of clean.

"are you okay?" he asked.

suddenly someone came in rushing through the door, and you guessed it, it was mason and tristan

"FUCK" tristan said in surprise.

"fuck y/n i'm so sorry" mason said, covering his mouth in shock.

i didn't reply as i was trying to wipe the blood off clean.

but i didn't get to finish cleaning myself off, because i had felt way too dizzy.

masons pov:

we all noticed y/ns hand slowly stop moving around her nose as she suddenly let go off the sink in front of her and started falling back onto me and tristan.

"SHIT" miguel said as we all caught her in time before she fell to the ground and could've got a concussion.

she was unconscious.

we were all shitting ourselves as we put her down onto the floor gently.

"stay here" tristan said as he ran out of the toilet and eventually came back with miss butler.

"oh my god-" miss butler said.

"we have to take her to the medical room" she spoke as miguel, without hesitation, placed one hand under her legs and the other under her back as he picked her up bridal style.

"will you go with miguel?" miss butler said as she was still shocked.

"i will- i will" i spoke as i follows miguel out of the bathroom and helped him by opening the doors until we got to the medical room.