21

and then i found myself on the couch, my mum still worked.

on the couch i was drinking what you'd expect, alcohol.

and the boys were gone, long ago.

i practically refused to talk to them at all after that argument with tristan, and waited until they got bored of the silence.

i didn't personally mind the silence, but i knew that at one point they wouldn't know what to say and leave.

and they eventually did.

they tried to be nice about it but i ended up slamming the door in the face, leaving a couple screws to fall out from the door.

and that's that.

my phone was buzzing multiple times in the matter of ten minutes, something i haven't yet had for the past week.

i was too drunk to have even grabbed my phone, and so i decided to take a nap in hopes that i wake up soon, feeling less drunk.

and luckily i ended up napping for an hour and waking up less dizzy.

i threw the bottle of vodka away and went back to the sofa, grabbing my phone along the way.

imessages: mason
please answer y/n
(see all messages)

i ended up opening the chat to reveal some messages.

mason

so sorry for tristan

he kept on going on and
on about how he cares for
you

he didn't mean to be aggressive

it's okay if you still don't like
him.

he's just unhappy with your
coaping habits

please answer y/n

mason, fuck upff

what?

ducks of

y/n are you drunk

whatver

y/n please don't tell me
you're drunk

ok am not drunk

for fuck sake

———

i was in fact drunk, and it was obvious in my text messages.

i left him on read as i had nothing else to say to him, and i layed myself down on the sofa, dazing off to sleep.

i woke up the following saturday in the same clothes from before, and my mum cooking in the kitchen.

"morning love"

"hi mom" i said, rubbing my eyes.

luckily i wasn't very hungover.

"you must've been sleepy.."

"i was" i said with a laugh, trying to cover up the fact that i got drunk.

i grabbed my phone and went upstairs to my room, grabbing some clothes and going to take a shower.

whilst i was showering i realised that i have court today, and right there my mood was ruined.

i finished showering and changed into some baggy jeans and an oversized shirt.

i went back downstairs with my wet hair still down so it would air dry.

"yesterday when i got back home i came to a surprise" my mom said.

shit.. i thought.

did she find the empty bottle of vodka?

i got slightly stressed but then an exhale of relief left my mouth when my mom spoke.

"that mason boy was at the front door last night" my mom said.

i didn't think much of it but then my eyes widened.

he probably wanted to see me after finding out i was drunk.

"he didn't tell me why he was there but he wanted to see you, so i went into the house and told him to wait outside to see if you were available but you were sleeping so i told him that and he left" she said.

"do you have any idea why he wanted to see you?"

"no idea, i lost contact with him anyways"

"you did?" my mum asked, surprised.

"yeah.."

"that's a shame, he was such a lovely boy, why'd you lose contact"

"i guess because i was stressed about this court case we're in and that's all i managed to think about recently, i didn't bother talking to anyone"

"right.." my mom said, getting closer as she suddenly hugged me.

"im so sorry i'm putting you through this"

"it's not your fault mom" i said.

she sighed, going back to the food and giving me a plate of scrambled eggs.

"thanks.." i said silently as i started eating.

"so i told mason to come back today" she said as my eyes widened.

"WHAT?" i said.

"you know! since you were unavailable, i didn't think you drifted, you know? you had like- been at his for two nights straight" my mom said as i got nervous again.

"do you know when he will be here?" i said.

"no idea, i just told him to come over today" she said.

"could you answer the door if there's someone there and if it's him can you say i'm not home?"

"darling did mason do something for you that you don't want to meet him?"

i sighed, not wanting to mention the stare i was in last night when he texted me.

"i just don't want it to be awkward especially since we drifted. it'll just make things between us worse"

"please, mason is so kind" my mom said as i sighed.

"whatever." i said.

"so will you let him talk to you today?"

i sighed again, "fine" i said.

my mom had a smile on her face after that as i finished off my breakfast and went upstairs to brush my teeth.

i really wanted to drink, the feeling of being drunk was so euphoric, but i knew my mom was home, so there's no way i'll be able to do that.

i'd get in so much trouble. 

and then the bell rang.