Chapter 14

By the time the bell rings, marking the end of ceramics class, Louis is practically running out of the classroom with his bag slung over his shoulder. He doesn't have a class for 7th block, which means more time to try and make up with Harry for the shit he pulled just a few minutes ago.

Louis shoves past numerous disgruntled students as he rushes to his locker, where Zayn is already waiting.

"Hey, Louis," Zayn greets him warmly, his calm eyes tracing Louis' frantic movements. "What's got you all worked up?"

Louis' response consists of him cursing at his locker and hitting the metal with his hand when he can't seem to get it open. A couple of people stare and laugh, which only manages to increase his frustration.

"I fucked up," he grits out, trying his combination for a second time. This time it works, and he flings the locker door open to reveal a single note on the top shelf.

"As in...?" Louis hears Zayn's question from over his shoulder, but he keeps his back turned to his best mate as he grabs the folded piece of paper with sweaty hands. They always seem to get that way when he's nervous.

"As in, I said something I shouldn't have, and now it's probably going to bite me in the fucking ass." He shoves the note in his pocket, refusing to read it with Zayn watching him like a hawk. Not that he doesn't trust Zayn – he does – but this doesn't concern him.

"To who?"

"Someone."

"Harry?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

No. "Yes."

"It's definitely Harry."

Louis falls still, his hand freezing on the handle of his lunchbox. He can feel the smugness radiating off of Zayn from directly behind him. Because, as usual, he's right. Fucking bastard.

The silence must speak for itself, as Zayn places both of his gentle but guiding hands on Louis' shoulders, turning him around so they're facing one another. Louis looks half-petrified by Zayn's freakishly accurate guess (if you can even call it that), while Zayn simply looks down at Louis' pants pocket and back up again.

He's not exactly smiling at Louis, but he doesn't look mad or disappointed either. It's... confusing.

"It's no use trying to lie," he says calmly. "I meet you at your locker every single day. At this point, I know for a fact that Harry's the only one who leaves notes in your locker."

Zany pauses for a minute, faint lines creasing his forehead as he thinks. "Well, I suppose there was that one persistent girl in Year 7 who wanted to give you blowjobs in the gymnasium under the bleachers. But other than that, it's only ever been Harry who writes you."

"There's no one asking me for blowjobs," is all Louis says in return (which, for the record is technically true. Louis more so offered Harry one in the bathroom over Harry explicitly asking for it. Louis did an amazing job at it, by the way, based upon all the noises Harry was making. Not to mention the fact that Harry nearly ripped his hair out at one point because he was pulling so hard.)

However, Louis would much prefer to talk about blowjobs with the annoying girl instead of admitting to the fact that it was a note from the one and only Curly McStupidface.

Zayn gives him 'the look', but when Louis doesn't budge on the matter, Zayn releases his shoulders and takes a step back. "Just talk to me if you need anything, okay? And take a deep breath. You're jittering like you just drank the world's entire supply of Starbucks coffee in one sitting. Calm down, my love."