5

You frowned a bit as you carefully wiped Charlie's hair from out of his face. "I knew he was nervous, but I didn't think it was that bad.." You said softly, carefully grabbing his shoulders and helping him sit up better.

Schlatt chuckled and crouched in front of him. "I mean, it's not every day you get dragged off the streets and get to stay in a castle with the king." He said softly, glancing up at Charlie for a moment. Reaching up he carefully began to pat his face, just trying to get some sort of reaction out of him. "Charrliee? Wakey wakey, poet boy.."

Crossing your arms a bit, you sighed. "At least be nicer about it, Schlatt.. he's obviously nervous to meet you." You said softly, carefully playing with Charlie's hair. You were just trying to get some sort of response from him, but honestly his hair was softer than it looked. It was fun to play with, yet you didn't dare say that outloud.

Finally after a minute or two of just messing with Charlie to try and get him up, the poor guy came to and began stirring a bit. He blinked slightly and looked at you, then at Schlatt, just trying to process everything that was going on.

Smiling brightly, you carefully held his shoulders as Schlatt stood up, chuckling softly. "You sure gave us a scare there. You alright?"

Charlie just gave a small nod in response, slowly sitting up on his own as he rubbed his hands over his face. "Ah- I'm so sorry.. I-I didn't think that would happen-"

"Relax, Charlie." You said with a small smile. "Your nerves got the best of you. The only thing that matters is that you're okay."

Nodding in agreement, Schlatt reached over and grabbed a glass of water, holding it out to Charlie. "Here, get a few sips. Get back into the right headspace."

Without another word, Charlie just nodded and took a small sip of the water here and there, holding his hand over his head as he tried to process everything. "Shit- did I just ruin the dinner?" He asked nervously, a worried look forming on his face. He grew even more worried by his choice of words, quickly tensing a bit. "Pardon my language, your majesty-"

"Hey, relax, man. You think I give two shits about what words you use?" Schlatt reassured Charlie with a small laugh. "Of course you didn't ruin dinner. It hasn't even been brought out yet." He smiled, giving Charlie a bit of relief. Without another word, Schlatt just turned and headed over, sitting down in his chair once again. He seemed so calm about the situation- yet also showed that he cared.

Quietly, Charlie scooted his chair towards the table, then placing his hands on his lap and remaining completely silent. He seemed to still be nervous about all of this, so you carefully sat beside him, placing your hand on his leg. "Hey, it'll be okay." You reassured him softly, watching as Schlatt clapped his hands and called out for a few servants, who soon after carried in platters of food.

The servants were fast, setting down the platters in front of the three of you, setting out silverware and napkins, even refilling Charlie's glass of water without him having to ask. Once all finished with their tasks Schlatt smiled and nodded slowly. "All of you are dismissed for the night. Help yourself to any leftovers from the dinner, and if there's none, ask the chef to prepare something. Say it's an order from me." He gave a small wink, watching all of the servants leave the room, leaving the three of you alone once again.

All of you pulled the lid off of your meals, revealing a nicely cooked steak, accompanied by a baked potato, which had already been cut, seasoned, and perfected. Charlie was nearly drooling at the sight of the meal, the delightful smell already spreading throughout the room.

Without another word or thought Charlie immediately grabbing a knife and fork, beginning to cut into the steak, eating each bite with intensity. On the first bite he nearly looked like he could've cried tears of joy, the small cube of steak being enough to send his whole body into a flavorful shock.