Chapter 1 - Halls

(A/N: I'm not exactly balls deep in the SCP Foundation enough for accuracy, so if any major inaccuracies were to be discovered, I'm sorry.)

——— ——— ———

(3rd person POV)

The faint noise of fluorescent lights permeated the air. That would probably be what all would only hear if it weren't for the sound of steps on the old carpet.

"Hm♪ H—Hm♪" Followed with a mild and cheery humming, as a certain individual leisurely walked through the unnervingly empty halls. Taking turns and routes that would initially seem a bit random and lost, but... He isn't. One would understand if they were at least knowledgeable of these intertwining spaces.

"*low tune* Empty Halls, Endless Walls... Echoing♪ Models of all my nightmares, Alone... My vision narrowing♪-" He sang an old tune as he continued down a straight hallway, which gradually transitioned into a row of paralleling doors almost like a hotel passageway or private office-space entrances.

"*low tune* Blinding Light, Nothing's Right... Trembling♪ Stay still, and heed the signs- Wait... I hear a bellowing♪" He stopped by one of the doors turning the handle, however, he abruptly stopped in his tracks.

"Mm...?" He felt an acute irritation around his head, followed by a discomforting sensation almost describable as 'something splitting open'. He shook his head, knowing where he is and how connected he is, he surmised it must've been an mild incidental disturbance from one of the bacteria.

——— ——— ———

"S**t, S**t, S*-" A man hurriedly crammed a large sum of paper into a briefcase. With a single permeating bang, the man dropped dead. A man clad in protective gear entered the room, an assault rifle in his hands.

"Motherf-!" Another man in the room quickly exited his hiding spot to open fire, only to be dispatched just as quickly as the first. The man inspected the rest of the small room before radioing "Clear." He soon checked the briefcase, inspecting a few papers and their contents before clicking it closed. "I got it." He radioed before exiting the room.

["Connect with our guys waiting back there. Be quick and aware, those insurgents can hide as well as the Vietcong."] A female's voice responded.

———

The woman shut off the radio as she and the rest of the group wore gears similar to that of SWAT with a single symbol located on the breastplates of each with three abbreviating letters just below; S.C.P.

Before they could continue, the woman clicked on the radio once more "The docs have been acquired." She said.

["Keep going."]

"Sir?"

["Our numbers have been reduced than what we've anticipated, and reinforcements are still en route. The insurgency has something we've detected, it may as well be something big to provoke this much vigilance on their end, You are one of the couple that are, so far, closest."]

["You too should maintain vigilance, expect any potential countermeasures they may have in there. Capture those that may possess useful information, and Eliminate the rest on the way."] A voice responded.

"Copy."

"*sigh* Change of plans." She radioed to the rest of her group. As they quickly move forward down the halls of the underground facility, the slow and gradual flashing of the red alarm lights mixes in with the primary illumination of the overhead fluorescent lights.

"Left!" One of the Group's Personnel yelled turning in the other direction from where they attempted to turn, meeting two insurgents that planned to fire upon them once they turn their backs and recede in their line of cover. Before several more began to flood in.