1: My titles will always be weird. DEAL WITH IT

TW

Abuse

Depictions of blood

Do NOT read if this makes you uncomfortable. Viewer discretion is advised.

It went the same every day for the week they were given to settle down. Malfoy and his father, who had stayed at Hogwarts for inspection week, only insulted him and just pretended he did not even exist. But Harry didn't try to fight their opinions. He knew from experience what happens when you defy a person's belief.

Then school started for Harry and Malfoy. He felt more alone than ever down and was constantly at the verge of breaking down almost every second of the day. He couldn't get enough sleep and was always waking up panting and crying. He found his mental health spiraling down and plunging into depth. The only thing keeping him sane were his two best friends: Fred and George.

They were brewing amortentia in potions when it had happened.

"Hurry up and sit down!" Snape ordered his students and they did.

"Today, we will be brewing amorentia. Can someone tell me what it is?"

He purposefully ignored the hand that waved ferociously in the air by Hermione and instead scanned the room.

"Hmm... no one? Well... Potter! Tell me, what is amorentia?"

Harry trembled under the gaze of his potions' professor that reminded him so much of Petunia. They were similar in so many ways that he could barely even look at his professor without dropping his gaze in two seconds.

"I-It's the strongest l-love potion in the world, sir," Harry answered, still looking down at his feet. Snape snarled.

"Yes, now what do you need to make it then?"

"Ashwinder eggs," Harry answered, scared to get it wrong, "rose thorns, peppermints, pearl dust, and peppered moonstone."

"Well... let me see... Mr. Malfoy! What did he miss?"

"Rose petals, professor!"

"That is correct,"

He turned and flicked his wands before instructions began appearing on the board. Their teacher assigned partners, and since this is a Drarry story, Draco and Harry ended up together.

Harry went to grab the ingredients as Draco started preparing the cauldron. Then they worked on it until the last ten minutes of class was left. Snape called up everyone to test their potions. When the bell dismissed them, three groups' work hadn't been tested yet. Severus, being Severus, made those groups stay behind to try it out. First was Hermione and Lavender's team. Their potion had turned a dirty shade of green because they were both fighting about who deserved to be with Ron. They tried it but unfortunately, it blew up in their face as soon as soon as Lavender touched it.

The second group consisted of Ronald and Padma. Their potion had turned a deep red and turned into a puddle of goop that splattered in their face. This was simply because they were stupid enough to read 1 cup of rose petals as 1 galloon of rose petals. Their potion tasted like nothing and each received a low grade and were all sent to the Hospital Wing.

The third group was the Drarry– I mean Draco and Harry's group. It was a light, rose pink color like the classic bubblegum. Severus could smell a familiar scent of old books when he sniffed, and for a moment, he froze – Lily's scent. The potion was made correctly, all right.

Since it wasn't a disaster like the other works, he made both the members take a whiff of the potion. Draco went first. He breathed deeply in the potion, inhaling as much as he could, before he paused. Snape noticed that the tip of Draco's ears had turned red from anger.