Wattpad Book Recommendation

Hey guys,

Recently I've been thinking of ways to give back to the Wattpad community because honestly, my head still hasn't really settled on the fact that TEN THOUSAND of you are following me. It's been over a year and it still sounds crazy.

I've had a lot of people send me their stories to review and sometimes I forget, but I always get back to it eventually.

I know compared to a lot of Wattpad writers, I have a small following but if you'd told me I'd have ten thousand followers five years ago I would've laughed in your face. It doesn't sound like a big deal now that I've gotten there but I know what it took and here's what I want to do to give back to the Wattpad community.

I'm starting a new segment called "Wattpad Book Recommendations" and it is something I hope I can carry on and do as often as I can. I hope by the end of the year, I can say I did my best to help even just a few writers and I hope you can say the same thing by checking out their works. This can only work if you guys are with me. Because if you aren't, I might as well be talking gibberish right now. I hope you guys help out these writers by checking out their works.

This is for every writer looking to build their audience on Wattpad. So, as a reader or a writer, I hope you can help these upcoming writers, and I include myself in that statement because I'm still trying to make it on Wattpad.

FOR WATTPAD WRITERS:

If you're a new author or a growing author, anyone with less than 1000 followers, please send in a story of yours that you want me to feature on the "Wattpad Book Recommendations". But before you do, read ahead to know what it entails and how to go about it.

I want to help you guys as much as I can because I know I would've wanted someone to do the same while I tried to make it on Wattpad. I mean, I'm still trying to make it, but let's make it together. There can never be too much books in the world and there are countless ways to tell a single story.

Anyway, since I spend most of my time writing, I decided to recruit someone to help with the selection process. Yes, I know, I'm sorry. There's a selection process which requires good grammar. It's ok if there are a few typos, typos readers can look past which I make a lot of times. No one is perfect, I should know, I've edited all my stories countless times and there are still errors.

Do this to get your book in the WBR List:

~ DM me the work you want me to recommend. (Do not leave it in the comments).

~ Do not recommend me another writer's work. You can tag the writer and let them recommend me their work by themself. This is because I want to know that the writers are still active. (There are writers who leave their works half-way and disappear for months. I don't want to recommend a writer who isn't commited to finishing their works).

~ Each writer can send only one of their works. (If you send me one now and another later and I find out, I'll remove your recommendation and won't recommend your work again). I'm saying this because if readers read the one book of yours I recommend, if they like it, they would obviously check your page for more of your works and I won't have to go through the selection process again. So, please don't make this hard for me. Thank you.

~ When you DM me your work, make sure you tell me that it's for the WBR. I get asked a lot to review stories and if you don't tell me it's for the WBR, I might just send you a review and not put the book up for the WBR. So, please tell me.

FOR READERS:

~ Do not judge a book by its cover. There are lots of great stories here on Wattpad and it's kinda like an hidden gem cause of the cover. So, check out the synopsis and maybe the first chapter or prologue before you decide to pass on it.

~ If you do know how to make great covers and you want to help these authors, you can create the covers and email it to the authors. It would be a huge help. Thank you.

~ Don't hate. Please and please. These writers are trying to grow here on Wattpad, stop the hate comments, try a more polite criticism which always helps.

~ I'll recommend all sorts of works (example: Romance, Horror, LGBTQ), so be sure to read the synopsis to confirm.

GENERAL:

I stopped reading Wattpad books a long time ago when I got busy writing my own books and with college stuff, and now work.

But the short time I used to read books on here, I realised there were a lot of talented writers out there. Even though Wattpad has snagged a few and put them in the paid stories programme, there are still a lot more growing authors out there. I hope with WBR, we can discover those authors together.

So, tag as many new talented authors as you can and keep tagging. All I hope is that I'll be able to continue this WBR for a few years and I also hope it helps these writers grow.

I want to thank each and everyone of you who will be participating, as a writer or as a reader. We can't have one without the other and I hope you all join me in this growth for upcoming Wattpad Authors.

Remember:
"Their win is not my loss."
- Olivia Rodrigo

Remember to add my "News and Update" work to your library so you can get notified when I upload new WBR. Don't leave the recommendations in the comment section or anywhere else. Send it as to my DM.

I post new WBR when I've gotten more Wattpad books to recommend. If you know any Wattpad writer whose works deserve more recognition, tag the writer in the comment section and let them send in their work. Please do not send in other writers works for the reason which I stated previously.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Love,
Jane Lanett. ❤️

P.S.: WBR is always on-going, so send in your works anytime! I'll post these recommendations as often as I receive your entries.