Chapter 7B

The way I had to split this up just to make sure it wasn't too much. I hope this is published soon.

~Lucid.

~

(Location: Akademi High School | Gym Theater Set Up | 4:00 pm | Ayano's POV)

I swallowed harshly as I peaked on the back gym room door window. The crowd of people was massive, and my worst fear materialize in a half-baked form. Megamo was in fact here, but my nerves died down as I saw him sitting with Amao. His face was twisted in a scowl but Amao just kept his happy persona. I saw all the members of the each club, The sports club and leader, the gardening club, the photography club had their cameras and recording devices, everyone was here. I pursed my lips, no. Someone was missing. I glanced back to where the occult club members were sitting, I'm surprised any of them showed up. I saw 5 distinct members, but Oko was no where to be seen. It was.. odd to say the least. I breathed in, trying to force any suspicious thoughts out of my mind. There were more important matters to worry about.

I looked to the front row. Senpai's presence graced the whole room, giving me a glowy blush on my cheeks under the makeup I was wearing. He was finally going to see the true me, the only girl who was fit for him. I felt a strong tap on my shoulder, I turned to look back. Kizano stood in front of me, dressed to the nines in his 1980s inspired costume. Our outfits complimented each other so well, we really did look like a couple. My gold sundress and his darker gold sweater vest with a white dress shirt underneath. "Ayano, Darling. Are you ready to rock this school with our talents? The narrator is about to go on in 5 minutes. " He boasted, offering me his hand. I placed my hand in his gently, letting him lead me around backstage. "You know, I was surprised when you agreed but I'm glad you did. You've been great to hangout with." His voice sounded a lot more sincere then I've ever heard it. "I know, but don't forget. I'm your friend.. and I won't forget about you once the play is over. I swear." Whether I was being truthful with my words or not, i felt my chest sting after uttering that last word. He smiled at me in response.

"Kizano! The narrator just finished, you're needed with Ayano in the next minute!" We looked over to Tsuruzo calling for us. He was holding a clipboard and had an ear piece in, probably to instruct Kokona and Riku who were both the stage crew. Kizano gave me a hopeful look and a hand squeezed as I returned it. This play was going to go well, and nothing could stop it.

~

ACT 1A - Ayano's POV

I stepped out into the spotlight, entering from far stage right. The crowd of students and parents bursted into whispers of excitement from seeing me. Budo was standing in the middle of the stage, next to the fire place set. The first scene contained Amelia in her father's study, begging her father, played by Budo, to not marry her off to Jonathan, the first love interest played by Shozo. I gazed into Budo's eyes, a little less cold than usual. I had to get along with him for now.

I proceeded to make my way to him, ready to deliver my line right after his. Let's see how good his skill is.

"Amelia, My daughter. You don't look well, is there a problem plaguing you?" He asks, adjusting his voice to be low and caring as the script instructs. He extends a hand for me to take.

I steady myself and take his hand while faking a lip biting. "Father, please hear me out. The man you chose, I do not love him. I-" on cue, Budo holds his hand up, cutting me off.

"Nonsense, Amelia! People do not marry for love, they marry for power." He starts off his monologue in a very convincing tone. He was pretty good at this. "That man, Jonathan, owns 3 diamond mines in the south and will take care of you for the rest of your life. All you must do is be his lover and yet you stand here and complain? Know your place." He finishes with venom as per instructions.