Chapter 8

Last time on Misc. Love:

"Taro Yamada's face staring right onto my figure with splendor and amazement, as if i was the most majestic legend he'd ever seen. My face was heating up but the colored spotlights did it's best to hide it.

This is what I wanted."

~

(Location: Akademi High School | Student Council Room | 7:15 am | Ayano's POV)

The fact anyone had to be sitting here on a Friday was ridiculous in itself. See, the play yesterday was a hit but that mystery guest was unplanned and Megamo, probably suspecting me, refuses to leave it unchecked. He had the entire drama club come and give statements about the incident as if we're witnesses to a murder. I've never really seen a power trip happen in real time, but I'm sure this was it. He was not taken by surprise but angered for a reason I couldn't identify. Was he worried I set this up? That wouldn't even make sense, why would I mess with a play I was a part of? It simply doesn't fit. I'm sure he's just being paranoid.

"Does anyone know anything else?" Megamo asked sternly and no one bothered to speak up, as far as they were concerned, this was an overreaction only further proving Kizano's point about him. "Of course not, because it's not that serious." Kizano responded after a few moments of silence, looking as if he were going to snap again. "Fine. Then you're all free to leave, minus Aishi and Sunobu. I'd like to speak in private." He stated, expectantly waiting for the rest to file out. With a few murmurs the drama club left us alone in the room with this monster. He paced back and forth for a moment, maybe in light contemplation? It's hard to read such a man.

"I'm almost sure you know more than you're letting on. At least, one of you are." He finally spoke into the resounding silence at the two of us. I gave Kizano a dead look of 'Is he serious?' only to receive a nod back. "No. We know nothing, Megamo-san." I stated clear as day, hands crossed over my lap. I crossed my legs in my chair, feeling a headache start to form in the very back crevice of my mind. He just stared, not wanting to believe me in the slightest. Did.. did this feel like I was winning to him? It was a creeping thought, but now that's it's here I can't deny the possibility. If he really believes I did this, and he can't get information out of me, then he loses. Game over. "You two aren't-" Megamo started to speak but Kizano interrupted swiftly.

"The longer you hold us here, the more evidence I have to give to Ms. Kunahito. First, You harass Ayano with no proof, using your authority to hold her in your office. Now, You're doing the same to me and her." Kizano was careful, not a threat but a promise. His tone lacked resentment rather cultivated anger. "So. I ask you now one question. Where's your explicit, undeniable, un-circumstantial, unbiased evidence against us that proves we've done something wrong?" The face Megamo made was priceless, It'd look so good as a background on my phone. This felt like sweet revenge, I'm just that good. I managed to keep my hands clean, for now. Due to that, there is none. No solid proof anyways.

"..." Megamo was left red-faced and speechless, clearly he wasn't used to being treated like this. "It seems as if you have nothing. Since that's the case, Me and Ayano will be going now. You can go too. Straight to hell." Kizano stood from the spot he was sitting and offered a hand to me. I took it, with no hesitation. He led me out with a strong grip, a darkening look of anger on the student council president's face. Though it made me wonder, What were these two's past together? They truly seem to hate each other so. Kizano's tight grip on my hand never loosened all the way to the fountain.

"I'm sorry Ayano. I truly am, he's like this because of me. He's targeting you as a way to put me in my place. I won't let him do that though, I swear." With that, Kizano walked off without another word or so much as a goodbye. Part of me wonder what he would do. Not out of care obviously, but because it would affect me too. At least, that's what I told myself.