Chapter 3: Obsession

It surprised you to wake up later to your door flying open. You took a defensive position, only to lower your guard when the face of the new Captain greeted you. You took a moment to gain your composure and adjust your clothes before standing. The clock above the door indicated it was 3pm, you had slept most of the day. Kylo Ren had taken so much out of you.

"Good afternoon ma'am. I trust you are feeling well rested?" You didn't need to speak formally with him anymore, you technically were his superior, and he answered to you.

"I'm still tired Captain, but I needed that." You stretched out your arms and walked over toward your closet. "Please, just call me Lex, I don't like the formalities."

"The Supreme Leader has requested your presence in the cockpit, immediately."

You shuffled through the closet, growing more and more frustrated trying to find something more appropriate to wear.

"Ma'am," he paused, you sensed a twinge of fear in him "Lex, did you-"

"You don't need to be afraid of me, I'm not...like him. And yes, Captain. I heard you. I have nothing to wear."

"With all due respect, he wants you there immediately. I would suggest you do not delay, the Supreme Leader does not like to be kept waiting." He stepped toward the door, but stopped to face you once more, "He wasn't like this when he first became Snoke's apprentice. People change."

You knew he was right. When your mother was appointed General after the fall of the old resistance, she told you the story of how it happened. Leia, the late General, she was also Kylo Ren's mother, had sensed the light in him. Rey had tried to get him to come to the light as well, but the darkness in him persisted, and he killed them all and annihilated the remaining resistance and their allies, well, those he knew about anyway. There was good in him once, but you sensed it was all gone now. Fortunately, Leia had the foresight to command small groups of the resistance to stay hidden, especially you, but there weren't many left.

"Let's go then. We wouldn't want to keep him waiting." You admittedly had some snark to your tone, but knew better than to bring that with you when you entered the cockpit.

Ignoring the prying looks as you followed the captain from corridor to corridor, you finally entered the cockpit. Your skin fired up in goosebumps the moment you walked in.

"Sir, Mistress Anilexu Darmeac is here as requested." You nearly lurched at him calling you mistress.

"Thank you Captain." Kylo Ren turned and faced the room.

Several pilots and officers were spread throughout the room, ensuring we were on course through the vastness of space. You hadn't been to the cockpit, despite being on the Finalizer for the last five years. Your Captain had never required that duty of you. You knew the soldiers by the doors must've seen some of the Supreme Leader's outbursts over the years, you could sense the tension in the room. They were being very careful of their thoughts and movements. The amount of things he had broken on the ship couldn't be counted. You had overheard engineers complaining about it from time to time.

I'll break you.

You gasped quietly and locked your eyes to the mask. That intimidating thing. You let him hear your mind again and cursed yourself for it. He stomped forward, his body looming over you, making you feel small and insignificant.

"Come." He walked out the door behind you, and you followed.

You struggled to keep up with his long strides, his cloaks fluttering behind him. The officers and troopers patrolling the corridors of the ship moved aside quickly, avoiding the Supreme Leader. They were terrified of him, and you could feel it. There was one man, an engineer, and shortly after feeling his fear, you felt his judgment on your clothing, and then his lust. He was excited watching you walk away, and Kylo Ren felt it too. He stopped. You nearly slammed into him. He turned quickly and looked at the engineer.