You Push Me Away, I Run Closer

I arrive at the police station's storage and maneuver my way through, knowing the location of everything like the back of my hand. I quickly locate the guns and immediately reach for a sniper. Collapsing it into a folded state, I grab a satchel and rounds of ammunition. Once the bag is attached to my back, I put the gun and the ammo inside it.

I rush out and start to head back to the forge, hoping that Vi and Jayce were still there and hadn't left yet. As I approach, at least thirty enforcers rush past me. A flash of red catches my eye and I throw myself against a wall. I peek around the corner to see Vi, now equipped with both gauntlets, and Jayce, who's wielding a massive hammer. The enforcers and Jayce follow Vi's lead down to the Undercity.

It's now or never. I pull myself away from the wall and throw my hood up, starting to quietly follow from behind.

                                            ***

How far is this Shimmer factory? I mean understandably, Silco wouldn't want this to be an easy find. My concern is trying to keep myself hidden. Jayce and the enforcers may not recognize me but Vi definitely would, as she's the one who stole this outfit for me. I look around as we venture deeper and deeper into the Undercity, mining entrances coming into sight. I can't help but breathe a sigh of relief as I see a train pulling into one.

"That's our way in," Vi says, pointing at another train that's headed at a snail's pace to another mine. I secretly follow everyone, as if I wasn't already, and quickly hide behind a rock as they approach the train. I watch as Vi and Jayce hop onto the cart. Once they're up near the front, the enforcers join. I follow suit, crouching down behind a crate once I'm on board.

I hear several people giving orders and soon enough, glowing purple catches my eye. Shimmer. Hundreds of barrels are filled with its contents. From my crate, I see Shimmer being loaded onto the cart, container after container. After about a minute of inactivity, the train starts to move again.

It's dark once we enter the mine. The sound of a lighter catches my attention and I peek my head out to see someone standing guard of the barrels, lighting a cigarette. The next thing I know, the sound of a lighter is replaced with a gun cocking. Looking over, I see one of the enforcers aiming a gun at the man's head.

Vi and the enforcers come out of hiding and start grabbing the contained Shimmer and throwing it overboard. One by one, I see purple liquid decorate the ground. Before I can even know what's happening, the train is speeding back the other way. Crashing through the mine's entrance, I fall backwards against the railing, gripping on tight as I brace for impact. Now at a stop, everyone hops off.

I haul myself up off the ground in time to see Jayce go one way while Vi goes another, the enforcers splitting up. I decide to follow Vi, since I can guarantee she knows her way around much better than Jayce. I hear screams from down in the factory, causing my head and Vi's to turn in the direction of the sound.

"Shit," I hear her quietly mumble between clenched teeth. She swings her arms around, warming them up before swinging herself over the ledge and appears to fall down into the factory. Panicking, I quickly rush to the edge, hearing the horrific, screeching sound of metal scratching against metal. I look down to see Vi hasn't fallen but is descending herself with the help of her gauntlets on a support beam.

I look further and can see multiple individuals that seem to be glowing purple. I can't tell what they are from up here, though as I'm too far up. Whatever they are, I watch as Vi launches herself from the beam and takes one of them out in a single punch. I need to get down but there's no way in hell I'm doing what Vi just did. I look to my right and thank god, there are stairs. For people like me who are not so fucking reckless.