〘 CHAPTER 1 〙

"...." - speaking
'....' - thoughts

---------------------- •✯• ----------------------

Dokja pov

' HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?! '

I deadpanned while walking down the wedding isle, of a black themed wedding that was FOR ME?!! Alright, flashbacks.

•✯•

Hello, I'm Kim Dokja, a 24 year old male that work at a game company as a part time job. My full time job? Reading. You could say I'm a book worm. Am I being bullied for reading? Pfft not really. Only couple of time everyday.

Does my parents love me? Ha! I wish. Yes, I'm the typical pick me y/n from those cringe Wattpad book. Bullied  and hated by parents. Huh, not really the typical y/n I think. Bullied? Yes they do get bullied for no reason....I think? And hated by parents? Don't remember.

Well, at least I'm not a pick me, my parents didn't die before I was born, I'm not those demon- unicorn hybrid.  Lucky.

Am I flirty? The only thing I flirt is book. I have a friend at my work place. She's the only one that nice to me. Thankfully. Her name is Yoo Sangah. She has a girlfriend. I met her couple of times when she come to pick Sangah up from work. I think her name is Han SooYoung.

She's pretty short. I think in my chest level short. Idk. I never get to look at her properly because everytime I did, she bares her teeth at me. What is she? Dog?

Enough about me! Lets start the story!

I stare at the torn book infront me. Crying with those animated crocodile tears. My book.

" Dokja, did they bully you today? " I heard Sangah voice from behind me. I cradle the book in my hands as I turn around, showing Sangah the book.

" Oh goodness. " She let out a sigh. Gloomy aura surrounded me.

" Sangah.... I just bought this book. " I said, still crying. I couldn't see it, but she probably have a guilt look over her face.

" I'll buy you a new one. " My tears halt, buy a new one?

" Pardon? " I blink my eyes in confusion.

" I said I'll buy you a new book. The same book that they ruin. " She took a seat next to me. Did I mention she's sitting next to me in the office? Well I did now.

" U..ummm I didn't cry to you so that you'll buy me a new book. "  I avert my gaze, sweating slightly at the quietness.

" I didn't buy it out of pity. "

" Don't lie. "

" Okay I do feely pity. But, think it as a birthday gift. Tomorrow is your birthday, right?"

I stare at her. It is?

" Really? "

" You don't remember? "

" Nope. "

She let out another sigh.

" Just, come with me to the book store after work. "

" Okay. "

•✯•

" So, which book that was torn before?" Sangah ask me. What the fuck. Aren't we at the office before?! WHEN THE FUCK DID WE COME HERE?!

" Dokja. Are you listening? " Her question snap me out from my daze.

" Huh? What. Oh. The book. It's this one. " I grab the cheapest book at the store because the book that was torn is too expensive. I had to use all my salary to buy it.

" That doesn't look like it. I think it look like this one." She grab the exact same book. How did she know?

" I saw a glimpse of the book before. Yeah. Pretty sure it's this one." Fuck. " Lets go to the payment counter." Double fuck.

" W-wait Sangah. Is it really okay? I mean. That book are really expensive." I try to block her way from the counter.

" Yes." She casually walk past me and but the book before I could do anything. " Here."

She hand me the book. I hesitantly grab it before look at her in the eyes.

" I'll send you home?" Why does it come out as a question?

" It's fine. My brother gonna pick me up. Oh, I think that's him." A fucking limo pull up infront us. The door opened and a man taller than us come out.

Damn. He scream rich and dangerous. But mostly rich. Sangah brother glare at me while Sangah were smiling at him.

Yoo Sangah your brother is thinking many ways to torture me with that look.

" Who are you. " He ask, more like demand for an answer.

" I'm Kim Dokja. Sangah friend. " I answer. Trying hard to sound like I wasn't nervous.

" That's a weird name. " Hahahahahahaha. " What would you do if someone try to harass Sangah." What.

" What are trying to do oppa." True, what's with the sudden question?

" Just making sure he's worth to be your friend." Ouch? " Are you gonna answer it?"

" Oh right..ummm.... Probably punch them in their face, grab Sangah hand and run? But most of the time when Sangah get harass, her girlfriend attack them first before I could do anything." Sangah was giggling while THIS MAN STILL GLARING AT ME! SANGAH YOU'RE NOT HELPING!

" Good answer. Lets go Sangah " he went back inside and Sangah following after him.

" Bye Dokja. See you tomorrow."

" Bye"

What the fuck just happen.

849 words