Heist By Day, Grift By Night

Rouge hangs up the phone with a smile. It's been a while since she did a good heist. All her moves are perfectly planned and choreographed. Enlisting the help of the rest of team dark to create a distraction at the back door, the chaos should leave the magenta gemstone free for the taking.

The bat fully expected Sonic to be there. The goodie two shoes just has to be a cop about everything. Of course he's going to guard it. What catches her by surprise is who he's dancing with.

She almost laughs at the sight of Sonic limping on the dancefloor as he indulges Metal Sonic in a casual waltz. They both have nothing but left feet but judging by Sonics condition, she wagers Metal is the worst offender. “Nice moves boys~” She waves waggling her eyebrows.

Sonic opts to ignore her laughter and instead questions her, “So what brings a girl like you to a place like this.”

“It’s difficult to take a pickup line seriously when you're dancing with a robotic copy of yourself.” She teases.

“Answer the question Rouge.” his tone goes flat. He's low on patience today.

“What is it a crime to go to nightclubs on my day off?” She clutches her non-existent pearls in faux offence at Sonic’s tone. She knows exactly what she’s doing and what she’s here for.

“Mhm, A day off when there's very conveniently a chaos emerald announced on the news.” Sonic taps Metal on the shoulder and drags him over to the bar. “Say, Met’s I’m a little tired, how about you dance with Amy for a bit.” He nudges Metal in Amy’s direction.

Rouge watches as Amy waves the robot off. Looks like someone's jealous.

Sonic pipes up demanding the bats attention once more “So, you think you can waltz in here all by yourself and steal a Chaos Emerald that you have no right to touch?”

“Nope.” She smiles as the rest of Team Dark busts through the back door officially making this a scene. It’s a hostile takeover by every definition. Omega and Android Shadow are having a blast.

The club patrons scramble in a panic, as not one but two fights break out on the dance floor. The first between Sonic and Rouge and the second between Amy, Tails, Shadow and Omega.

She and Sonic duke it out and for once, she'd say she's winning. His battered feet give the bat a clear advantage and she abuses it at every turn.

By the time she makes a move for the emerald it's gone. Sonic catches on too and makes a run for it.

Sonic isn't hard to track. Where he goes the wind follows. All she has to do is pay attention. Ducking into an ally she catches a glimpse of Sonic accusing a civilian of being Metal Sonic.

"He can shapeshift into people other than Eggman?" Android Shadow whispers.

"He turned into a dragon too. I don't see why not."

The group goes silent again as Sonic opens his mouth "I… I should've expected this from you...kept my guard up. Why do you need it anyway? Eggman wants you dead, and I don't think carrying an emerald is going to do anything but make you an even bigger target."

"Primary battery is leaking. Unable to recharge to full capacity, power output dangerously limited. Replacement requires custom part." He says it monotone. That's all the confirmation Rouge needs to know its him.

Sonic furrows his brows. "Y'know Metal… there's other ways to get power."

"And what way would that be?" Metal looks over his shoulder.

"Friends."

Shadow and Omega look to eachother not getting it.

"Metal, that emerald isn't yours. It's not right to take it."