Chapter 26: New Villain in Town

"Well, I wish I could help the kid. If he could get justice for what happened to his parents, maybe he could get some closure, it's not good being so vengeful all the time." Steve was sitting on the couch talking to Selina in the kitchen, she walked to the doorway and leaned on the frame, "Well with a name like Vengeance what do you expect. But if you know enough details we could always ask someone." He turns to face her, "Who could we ask for information like that?" She places her hand on her hip, "Oswald will and besides I know how to get what I want." Steve stands up and walks over to her, "After you stole from him I don't see how it will be that easy." Selina walks over to the bedroom, "Well, get into your uniform Captain and I'll show you." She turns around facing him while walking, "Besides I do like you in uniform." She winks before entering the bedroom, Steve follows suit and gets changed with her.

Walking down the street together, "Are you sure this will work, Selina? I can't see him helping us." She walks in front of him, turning around to walk backwards, "That's why I'll do the talking." She turns back around and continues on, "So, how come you stole from him?" Steve walks up next to her, "Well, he had something that a client wanted and that client pays well." She turns her face towards him, "I'm not the same thief I used to be though. I used to steal from anyone, no thoughts of the consequences. Until we ran into Wonder Woman and you were caught in it, now I only steal from bad people and try to give some back to Gotham in some ways, but a girl has to live a little." Steve stops and holds her hand, "I know Selina." He kisses her, she wraps her arms around his neck, "Come on, we've got somewhere to be." She says to him as she continues down the street.

After a short walk through the streets and across a few rooftops they arrive at the Iceberg Lounge. "Like I said, I'll do the talking." Selina says to him before approaching the back door of the establishment. "I'm here to see Oswald." Selina says to the doorman. He talks into an earpiece, after a few seconds the doorman lets them through.

They both walk over to the bar. The bartender allows Selina to pass, but steps in the way of Steve, "I'm with her." Steve glares at him, "She's allowed, you're not, you stay here." The bartender looks at him with an expressionless face and Steve looks at Selina, "I'll be alright. Besides, flightless birds are easy prey." She smiles at him and she steps through the door into Cobblepot's Office leaving Steve to wait by the bar.

She walks down the steps, noticing Penguin sat behind his desk, "Oswald, darling, I need a favor." Selina says sitting down in the chair in front of Cobblepot's desk, "You've got a lot of nerve coming back here, Selina. After you stole from me." She crosses her legs and leans back in the chair looking at her claws, "Ohh, you're not still hung up on that little thing, Ozzy? It was just business, you know how it is." Penguin stands up and slams his fists down on the desk, "You stole from me!"

Meanwhile, upstairs Steve heard the shouting from the office. He jumps over the bar. "You can't go in there!" A bartender shouts, Steve quickly turns to look at him, "Watch me." Steve walks through the door and into the office. As he walks down the stairs, guards quickly swarm him. Selina turns and looks at him, smiling. Penguin, however, was not happy to see him. The slight look of terror on his face as he sits back in his chair, nervously. "Oswald, we just want some information and we're be out of your feathers." Selina leans forward towards him as Steve stands behind her with his arms folded and guards around him. The look of curiosity on Penguin's face to what she said as he nods to his guards to stand down, "What information, my dear?" She stands walking across the room towards a vase, admiring it, "We want information on the Lance family murders." Penguin leans back in his chair, "And what's in it for me? Information isn't free." Selina turns around and sits on the edge of Penguin's desk, "I'll owe you a favour." She notices Steve turn to look at her with concern, she mouths the words, "It's okay" Steve seems reassured, Penguin grinns and chuckles to himself at the offer, "Well, I'd say we have a deal." Penguin calls over one of his men and whispers in his ear before the man walks away, returning shortly with a file passing it to Penguin, "Here you go, my dear." Penguin passes the file to Selina, who quickly opens it to see what was inside, with Steve looking over her shoulder. She closes the file and looks at Penguin, "Thanks Oswald." Selina stands up and begins to leave the room with Steve close behind her. Penguin quickly gestures to his henchmen to block their path, Selina and Steve stop, "You're forgetting about my end of the bargain." Steve turns and glares at Penguin clenching his fist, Penguin looks at Steve and sits back in his chair, "But, I'll discuss it with you on a later date." Selina notices the atmosphere between the two, "Bye, Oswald."