𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒

"Happy birthday to you!" We all cheered and began getting the plates out. With Lina first, I took a macaroon and split it in half. I took some cream out with my finger and swiped it over her nose.

"Hey!", she said suprised, looking down at the point of her nose. She took it off with her finger and licked it. "Mmm! It's so tasty," she said smiling.

"Obviously, Mrs. Ophelia made them," I said rolling my eyes. "Now give me some macarons."

She obliged, but then I felt her staring at me for a moment as I went to the couch and began to eat.

"Adelia," she asked.

"Yes? What is it, my love?"

"When you came home, who was that guy with you", she paused putting a finger on her chin. Then she looked up quickly. "Wait, do you have a boy-," I put my hand on her mouth so she didn't continue. I gave her that don't talk about it look. I motioned for her to come closer.

"I'll tell you a little later, don't mention it okay?"

"Alright, fine", she said with an annoyed tone.  She pointed her fork at me, " If you forget I'm coming for you, I know where you live you know." I laughed and rolled my eyes, "Lina last time you said that you just threw a pillow at me."

"And?! It was still effective," she said trying to act sarcastic, but her smile broke through her act.

I then reached for the television remote and curled up on the right side of the couch. I turned on a random program on TV, but my thoughts were elsewhere.

"So, what were you doing at the end of an alley? That's dangerous you know, especially in this day and age," said Raphael as we began walking. He told the driver to wait a little while for him to walk me home so he wouldn't worry. Thankfully though, the driver didn't mind. In fact, he was glad that I would have company while going home.

"My brother taught me a way to escape a potential criminal through the alley's walls. I guess you guys just came to early before I could go through it," I shrugged.

"You should've sprayed him, I saw you had pepper spray in your hand," he said. I peeked into my purse, looking at my red peppery spray bottle on my keychain with a pink pom-pom attached to it.

"You're right I guess, there's just been so much going on lately that I thought escaping would be my best bet. With my thing's however, now I think that may not have been the case."

"What do you do?" I looked at him, then looked straight ahead. "I do many things. I'm a baker, student, and a part-time waitress at 'Le' Amores'," I sighed. "I want to hopefully own my own bakery one day or a small cafe for people to feel at home and cared for."

"Wow, didn't take you for the sentimental type," he said. "Hey!", I kicked his leg and he laughed. "I just met you, don't assume things right off the bat."

"I'm joking!" He said putting his hands up in defense. "You seem like you care for people...it's a quality that's been rare lately," he said, but his voice got softer.

"Is everything alright?", I asked.

"Yeah, I just haven't seen much good in people. Life's been hard I guess," he said looking at the cement as we walked. When I looked at him, his face looked like he had much on his mind.

"Well, if you need anything I can give you my cell number," I offered.

We reached the stairwell to my apartment complex. "Here, give me your phone," I said. He pulled out his phone from his back pocket. It had a black protective case.