Chapter 1

Loki watched through the monitors as they brought you in

Loki watched through the monitors as they brought you in. They secured your arms in weighted metal cuffs that went straight up to your elbows, constricting your wrists as well as your hands. You walked in with no less than ten SHIELD agents accompanying you. You looked like a maiden sacrifice being led to her fate.

"Who is that delectable creature?" Loki asked with a growing smirk.

"She calls herself Zephyr," Thor answered watching Loki to the side of his eyes. "She's been setting fire to hidden SHIELD facilities up and down the eastern seaboard. Killed 20 people, and injured 50. She's targeting your record." Thor laid his hand on Loki's shoulder. "She threatened to blow up the whole site, but we can't find any explosives. Leave it to you to be attracted to the outlaws," Thor whispered with a chuckle. Loki just raised an eyebrow at him and dusted his shoulder off where Thor had patted him.

"We need to know how her powers work. Before she does it again," Rogers added. "FRIDAY is running a background check on her as we speak to give us any clues. Wanda is still on her honeymoon with Vis. I don't want to contact her unless absolutely necessary. Do you think you can get into her head? See her memories?" He asked Loki.

"I can try," Loki answered, trying to hide his elation.

They led you to a cylindrical cell in the lower levels of the building

They led you to a cylindrical cell in the lower levels of the building. It was made out of indestructible glass and light. You couldn't escape the watchful eyes of the cameras or the glaring reflection of yourself.

You had formed dark circles under your eyes. Your hair was knotted and singed at the ends. You looked like you hadn't eaten in days. They took the manacles off of you, leaving welts below your elbows.

If only they knew. It wouldn't have mattered if they bound your whole body. You'd still be able to set fire with or without your hands.

The first time you used your powers, was when you were eight. You set fire to your shared bedroom and nearly killed your baby brother. You didn't need your hands then. You just simply stopped breathing.

Your parents, being the doctrinal extremists they were, had decided that eight years of loving a child was not enough to protect said child. So they had abandoned you to a research facility in upstate New York. Fear and loathing in their eyes. They had solemnly believed that they were looking into the eyes of the devil herself when they looked at you.