Chapter 4

"Zee!" Steve calls out to you as you run back down the hallway. Barnes was standing right next to him in the elevator. If this was any indication of how life would be like living here, you knew you made the right decision to leave. You wouldn't want to run into him every day. It wouldn't end well for either of you.

Loki raised his hand up on Roger's chest. Stopping his advance towards you. "Neither of you are going anywhere near her!" he growled. Steve looked irritated as he tried to walk past Loki, ignoring him completely.

Loki materialized in front of him again, stopping him. "Rogers. You need to stop."

"We need to talk to her, Loki. Bucky found the last hidden base. That's what he and Sam had been doing these last four months." Loki involuntarily looked at Barnes who was standing way behind Rogers with his hands in his pockets. "If she wants to take down HYDRA so bad, this is her chance."

"Is he coming too?" Loki asked, still staring at Barnes.

"He has to. He's the one that went on the mission and has the intel," Rogers answered.

"She won't go along with this. She doesn't want to be anywhere near him."

"Can you guys please stop talking like I'm not here?" Barnes interrupted.

"Then leave!" Loki snapped.

"Loki, I know you've gotten really close to her. But if she's going to be a part of this team. She has to learn to work together. You of all people should understand that," Rogers finished.

'A part of this team.' Loki finally realized one thing. They were never going to let you go. Even after this HYDRA base was dismantled. They would find a way to keep you. If not working with them, then for them. They would be no better than the HYDRA agents they were trying to stop.

So, what does that mean for me? Loki thought. I could make all the reparations and apologies they want, but it would never be enough for them.

"I'll go talk to her. I can't promise you her civility. But I can make sure she will lend you her aid," Loki huffed.

"Ok. We leave tomorrow at twenty-one hundred hours." Rogers just nodded, trusting that Loki will deliver on his word.

"I suggest you prepare the larger jet. More room means fewer accidental meetings like we just had." Loki narrowed his eyes toward Barnes and walked back to your room, hoping you haven't figured out a means to run away yet.

" Loki narrowed his eyes toward Barnes and walked back to your room, hoping you haven't figured out a means to run away yet

As soon as Loki closed your door, he found you leaning over your balcony. "Where are you going?" Loki asked, confused and astounded. "We're at least 90 stories up? Are you mad?"

"You stalled them long enough. I'm getting out of here," you explained.

"I still have your duffel. How are you going to survive without it? Get in here and we'll talk."