Chapter 2

The sweat dripped down from your neck onto your back

The sweat dripped down from your neck onto your back. Your muscles protested as you lifted your arms once more and pulled your chin over the bar for another set of pull-ups.

The gym got unnaturally warmer as you controlled your breathing and held your breath. A fire, settling in the atmosphere, waiting to be unleashed.

"I could help, you know. With your powers." The deep voice said from behind you.

"I don't need your help." You grunted pulling yourself up one more time. "What I need is for you people to leave me alone." You dismounted the bars and gathered your belongings.

"You can't just stay isolated forever. It's been months now. We've already taken down two HYDRA facilities with your help. When are you going to accept that you're a part of this team? Whether you like it or not."

"I am not a part of this team. I will never be a part of this team. I will never be a suck-up! Like you." You threw your bag over your shoulder and headed for the exit.

As you reached for the bar of the door, a sharp 'thwip' of a blade landed where your hands were about to push.

"Come on, darling. One round." Loki said trying to goad you. You took in a deep breath, the air around you circulating, then you exhaled.

"What will it take for you to leave me alone?"

"Tussle with me." He said and you raised your lips in annoyance. You just knew that he had a different definition of 'tussle.'

"Fine. If I win, you leave me the hell alone." You barked as you dropped your duffel bag onto the floor.

"And If I win..." he said as his smirk grew nauseatingly wide, "...I get to take you out on a date. Do peanut butter and jelly sandwiches sound good?"

"Pathetic. For a prince, I thought you'd have something more luxurious in mind."

"Ahh, so you have thought about me." Loki's grin couldn't be wiped off. "So, what should we do on this date that you've already thought of?" He started circling you. A dagger formed in his hand and he twirled it in the air.

"Why don't you just look inside my head? You're good at trespassing into other people's privacy."

"As much as I want to see what goes on in that delectable mind of yours, I won't do it unless you beg me to. And I do mean, beg."

You picked up a rattan staff perched on the weapons rack on the wall. You twirled it behind you as you lunged down into a battle stance. "Come on then." You said beckoning him.

He lunged and twirled towards you, unleashing hidden daggers in his wake. You used the staff and twirled it in front of you, blocking his onslaught attack. One of the sharp blades caught itself at the end of your stick. You dislodged it and threw it in the air. With a swing of your staff, you propelled it like a baseball towards his head.