Chapter 10

I know there's a warning at the beginning of this book, but I'd like to remind you all that this book contains HEAVY descriptions and mentions of drug abuse, addiction, and violence that may be triggering for some audiences. Please read with caution

-

"Dude, stop fucking around," Dinah shoved Normani away from the coffee table. "You're the one that gets killed first in horror movies,"

Normani wiped her nose off with the back of her hand and sniffed repeatedly. "Upset because I'm making sure I only put quality shit in this body? You're crazy, Dinah Jane."

Dinah placed the rolled-up dollar bill at one end of the line of coke and made her way across until the powdery substance completely disappeared.

"Fuck," Dinah pulled back and dropped the dollar bill onto the table. "That's the best fucking coke I've ever had,"

"You're welcome, by the way,"

"I was going to say thank you, but since your delusional mind already did it for me, I'll save myself the trouble."

"What do you think of..." Normani paused mid-sentence so that she could focus on the next line of coke. "Lauren? She seems nice to me. I think she'll stick around."

"She's a hottie," Dinah said shamelessly. "But it's like she thinks we're going to hurt her every time she comes around. I've never seen anybody as tense as her."

"I think it'll be cool if she stays. She doesn't seem like a judgmental freak. Plus, she knows how to take a picture."

A knock on the door halted their conversation.

"Hello?" Selena called from the other side.

Dinah breathed a sigh of relief. "Come in,"

Selena barged in carrying a small bag, sitting across from Dinah and Normani. "So, now that I'm an eligible bachelorette, what's our first mission?"

"Wait," Normani furrowed her eyebrows. "What happened?"

"The same old," Selena opened the bag and pulled out the needle. "He cries and says he misses me so much that he can't fucking breathe then breaks up with me in the same sentence,"

"You'll get back together soon," Normani brushed it off. "You sure you wanna do all that before we go on stage?" She eyed her friend wearily.

Selena tightened the rubber band around her arm, smiling deviously. "I've done it before,"

"I don't even want to ask," Dinah rubbed the worry lines in her forehead out and grabbed the other bag of coke that was sitting in her pocket. "Are you guys done for good this time?"

"It feels like it," she angled the needle into her vein. Slowly, she injected the substance and breathed out a heavy sigh of relief. "Part of me just doesn't care anymore. We've been together for so long and if he doesn't get that my career comes first, there's no point in trying."

"You were too good for him anyway," Normani shrugged and pulled out her phone camera to ensure she got all the remaining dust off her nose.

"Amen to that," Dinah agreed. "He fucking goes to Stanford and is a philosophy major, for crying out loud. Anybody with a pair of eyes could see that you two weren't going to work out."

"Yet you both let me go back to him every time,"

Normani barked out a laugh before saying, "We're not your babysitter or mom. Who the fuck are we to tell you what to do?"

"God, I can't believe I wasted so much fucking time on him," Selena could feel her body melting into the couch. "You know he didn't even listen to our fucking music? What kind of boyfriend doesn't support his girlfriend's band?"