𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

The four sat inside a carriage, each on the window side, leaning down. they observed the surrounding scenery as thoughts came and went. 

Since they entered, there has been silence; nobody wanted to chat and nobody wanted to start talking.

Mei watched the clouds, imagining their shape as animals, she smiled widely when she saw a weird shape. She imagined it as a flower.

A flower

Flower.

'Look! A flower!'

Her smile faded. When was the last time she stared at the sky? When was the last time she imagined clouds were such?

God.

She hated this feeling.

A sentiment of nostalgia.

She'd do anything, anything to get rid of her memories.

But she can't.

She can certainly remove her memories, after all. She has no trouble erasing memories.

More accurately, she can't because she wants to remember him and their precious memories with each other.

"We've arrived," The carrier said, stopping the carriage at the huge gate of Cynthian; The empire of the moon, where Yukii grew up. 

Yukii glared at the huge gate, memories of her past flashed back with no warning. 

'Hurry up Yukii'

She glared harder at the gate before Mei dragged her by her arms. Mei, just like Lilith and Robin, had a fake smile and fake excitement.

They walked to the gate, where the barrier was held. Mei held her breath, intertwining her and Yukii's arms together, while the other hand held Lilith's hands. Robin placed his hand awkwardly on Lilith's shoulder.

They needed to stick together in order for Mei to successfully make magic to make them go through the barrier.

When they successfully did, Robin quickly took his arm off Lilith's shoulder. As they continue to walk very close to each other, they saw how happy the people are. A lot of children were running around, playing with each other and adults were talking to each other, laughing as one joked. Mei unexpectedly let out a laugh. Lilith turned to her and smiled.

'I guess it's been a while since we had fun' Lilith thought. 

"We should try out games!" Yukii excitedly yelled over to Mei and Lilith. Yukii bolted off once she found a game she was interested in. Mei looked at Lilith before running off, their hands still holding onto each other. 

Their laughs and smiles echoed in his ears

Mei, Lilith, and Yukii tried all the different games and foods at the festival, with Robin lagging behind due to him trying to flirt with attractive guys he saw.

But to no avail, all men either threw him a nasty glare or ran away.

Which Mei, Lilith, and Yukii laughed at.

All four of them giggle, laughed at each other, made embarrassing moments, but most importantly, made happy memories.

Mei, Lilith, and Yukii played one last game before Robin decided it was time to find an Inn. "Aww! But I wanna play one more game!" Yukii whined, wishing time would run slowly. Robin shook his head. 

"No! We should find an Inn to stay before it gets dark." Robin said, looking around the streets to find an Inn. Mei laughed at his strictness, while Yukii just whined. Lilith took Mei's hand and dragged her away.

"Where are we going?" Mei asked, letting Lilith drag her. "Follow me," Lilith ordered the duo. Yukii and Robin reluctantly did so.  Lilith guided them through the busy streets until they were in front of an Inn.

"And how exactly did you find this?" Mei asked. Lilith shrugged before responding: "I saw it while we were wondering around here"

Robin let out an awkward cough before placing his hand on the door handle. "Well, we shouldn't waste our time standing around, let's go!" He opened the door and went inside. Mei, Lilith, and Yukii followed him.

"Not so gentleman-ly isn't he?" Yukii whispered to Mei and Lilith, to which the two giggled. "I know." Mei agreed.

"Hello. We'd like to rent out four rooms" Robin told the guy at the counter, Mei went up to them and placed her hand on Robin's shoulder.

"Make it two rooms." Mei smiled, placing her pouch on the counter.

The three girls lay on the bed on their backs, Mei in the middle, silence overcame them. "Today was fun," Mei told them. Yukii nodded her head and went to lie on her side, facing Mei. Lilith did the same and held Mei's hand, Yukii mimicked Lilith's actions and also held Mei's hand. Mei happily held the two girl's hands.

And soon, all three girls closed their eyes and fell asleep, all happy and smiling.