chapter¹⁶

just a guys talk

just a guys talk

🍪¬*.*'_*°.•~°°'°<•.**•**^*''¬~-°°°*'*¬'^.*'*•*🍪

authors pov

01:30 PM. MUSTAFA, JAPAN

"so how are you holding up for the wedding?" shoto asks izuku as they start to fence. fencing and sword fighting is a common thing for a prince to do. as well as many other things, like painting, reading, writing, eating, this is izuku's favourite pastime. 

"i'm alright," izuku says, ducking the sword that's been jabbed at his side. shoto smiles, he's still as fast as he was when they were kids. "meals, treats, decorations, music and clothes are being prepared as we speak. how are you? i didn't see a plus one beside your name. is your family not coming?"

"my father and mother are busy with the kingdom. and my sister and two brothers are travelling with their partners. no one will be joining me," shoto says, slightly tripping over izuku's leg. "however," izuku's and katsuki's ears perk up. shoto interested in someone? very, very, very, very rare. extremely rare. it happened only once when they were kids. let's just say...it didn't end well. or as well as they hoped. "the lady that brought me to the palace. what's her name?"

"who y/n?" katsuki question, drinking some water. izuku glares daggers towards katsuki, who snickers before coughing.

"ah..." shoto hums, ducking another jab from izuku. "that is her name? it suits her,"

"well," katsuki says, seeing zuku clench his teeth. "you do not stand a chance,"

"kacchan..." izuku whispers with a warning but katsuki doesn't take any notice. it's basically his job as best friend. 

"izuku likes her," shoto drops his fencing sword in shock and looks towards the green haired prince. shoto's mouth opens and closes as he tries and thinks of the right words to say to his close friend. thankfully, he thinks of something. 

"do you...?" izuku nods with a sigh before putting his foot against the wall. shoto blinks before saying something completely stupid. "oh okay, wow. uh...is she your mistress or-"

"of course not!" izuku says. "i do not see her that way. at all. i want her to be my queen but you know that the marriage is already ready and paid for. and i do not think the queen will be happy with me stopping the marriage. i do not even know what princess ochaco thinks about this,"

"you should talk to princess ochaco," shoto says. "i have met her a few times before and she's extremely nice. i'm so sure she would understand,"

"and my mother?" izuku looks at both of his friends.

"she's your mother, deku,"katsuki says, putting his hand on izuku's shoulder. "of course, she'll understand,"