You love me...? ~Kokichi Ouma x Hanahaki* reader~

For people who don't know, Hanahaki is a fictional disease where the person affected coughs up flowers when there is a one sided love, the only way for it to go away is for the love to be returned (or surgery that i have been told). I tried my best with this i hope you all like it :>

This chapter will be quite depressing and has some disturbing descriptions of vomit and blood, if you are sensitive to this subject please skip.

Requested by: Harueiq

~

...
I don't know how much longer i can last... it keeps getting worse. I need to tell him soon or else i'm as good as dead. This disease is killing me in everyway, i can't stop coughing them up. I hate these damn flowers.

Out of all of the people to fall in love with... why is it Kokichi? It is so hard to believe that these are my true feelings towards him. Its so hard to even try to tell him too, but i need to try- no. I need to tell him... my life is on the line.

-

I haven't been to school for a while because of all the flowers i have been coughing up. First time it happened was in school, i was mortified, i felt like there was something in my throat so i left to get a drink of water, but before i could take a drink i felt the thing in my throat come out... flowers?? There were only a few petals but i didn't know what was going on. From what i knew no one was around when that happened but i still decided to just try to get through the day, that was also when i started getting feelings for... Kokichi.

It gradually got worse and worse everytime i was with him... i just fell for him more and more. This intense crush for this boy... it keeps growing. Im surprised that i haven't coughed up in front of him when i was around, it has been a while since i seen him though. I only told him i was sick, and he would text me sometimes to either check up on me or annoy me.

"It's a lie!" That sentance haunts me, im scared to confess to him, what if he says that line? What if he doesn't take me seriously? I fear for my life, but it needs to happen.

-

I texted kokichi to come over, i said it was an emergency, i wasnt technically lying because i am slowly dying, but even then i felt kinda bad, what if i was keeping him from something else? I will just make this as quick as i can.

The coughing is so bad, flowers just keep coming up from inside of my throat, i leaned over the kitchen sink and closed my eyes as i cough, it's halfway full of flowers from coughing for about 5 minutes. My chest and throat hurts so much from the petals, the almost feel like nails and thorns against my throat and mouth, barley able to breath from all the coughing i tried to calm down. The coughing stopped after i catched my breath, tears slowly fell from my eyes as i looked down and saw the sink full of petals and blood, blood ran down my lips and chin onto the shirt.

I wiped my tears and the blood away and went to get a clean shirt before Kokichi got here, i quickly changed out of the bloody shirt and into the new clean one. I also got some water to drink as well it soothed my throat just a bit as i felt the water fall down my throat. I felt my phone vibrate and checked to see who it is. Its Kokichi
"Heya, sooo what is this emergency you were talking about??" You really didn't know how to respond, i technically didn't lie but i don't want to tell him just yet so i didn't respond, i know its rude but i'll just wait until he gets here.

-
It feels like ive been waiting for hours because i can't stop thinking about how sore my throat is... it hurts like a bitch, i don't want to deal with this, i don't want to live like this anymore, i can't do it i can't do it i can't do it I-
You suddenly hear a loud knock on the door which made you jump a bit, It must be him. You reluctantly went over to the door and started opening it only for it to be swung opened and greeted with a big hug. "WWWHHHAAAAAAA Y/N I MISSED YOU SO MUCH" He whined, he obviously was faking crying but he sure hasn't seen you for quite a while and was over exaggerating his reactions, he has no idea what's going on... "Hey kokichi..." you tried to sound a little enthusiastic so he doesn't question your lack of excitement. You lead him to the living room until he spoke up.