Apollo Falls Silent

He didn't realize there might be a problem until the alarm went off on his phone. It was eight-thirty now, time to help Athena with her medicine.

He wandered around the apartment. No Athena.

Where was she? She was always back before dark. She told him she'd be making a visit after her appointment, and he assumed it was a visit to her incarcerated uncle. It was long after the prison's visiting hours, but no Athena.

He'd called her, twice. Two voicemails.

Panic was rising. His throat closed over. He needed to find her, or find a good reason to submit a missing persons report.

Juniper. Nope, nothing. The future judge seemed just as concerned. She agreed to try and find her, leaving Apollo free to continue his contacts.

Prosecutor Blackquill was going to have his head if dawn came and Athena was still unaccounted for.

He called Pavilion next. They confirmed Athena left around 2:30 that afternoon and was in a stable mental state. The receptionist took his information: that he was Apollo Justice, Athena Cykes' guardian, and that she seemed to be missing. Because of Athena's conditions, if she couldn't be found in an hour, Pavilion would report her as such.

He called Wright. Initially, his boss was a little annoyed at the late night call. The tune instantly changed once Apollo started talking.

"I can't find her, Mr. Wright."

"Athena? What do you mean you can't find her?"

"She never came home, she won't answer her phone. I called the asylum and they said she left this afternoon. They'll file a missing person report in an hour if I haven't called back."

"I'm coming, Apollo." Mr. Wright was at his door ten minutes later, a sleeping Trucy tossed over his shoulder.

He called her once more while Mr. Wright settled Trucy on the couch. A third voicemail. He scoured his texts, Athena's journals, anything that might explain where she went.

His heart hit the floor when his, Wright's and Trucy's phones all blared in unison.

Missing Endangered Person :

Athena Cykes, 18, Female

Orange-red hair in ponytail down to waist

Last seen near Pavilion Crisis Care wearing black tank top and grey leggings. Contact law enforcement with information on her location. More details on your local news station.

The above person has a documented disability and is believed to be in grave or immediate danger.

~~~~

Clay called not even five minutes later. He apologized for not being able to visit Athena in the hospital, and gushed sympathy after sympathy towards Apollo for her sudden disappearance. "Dude! I got the alert! Anything yet?"