Seven

I was wrong the writer's block got worse lol. Please vote and comment it helps a lot!

Marinette's POV

I was sitting next to a metal bucket and a lighter by my desk in tears staring at the charm bracket on my wrist. I wanted so badly to get rid of it but I couldn't bear to do it. I couldn't even pick up the lighter let alone actually burn it.

I was about to try (and fail) to gather up the courage to pick up the lighter when I heard a familiar knock on my window. I looked over and saw a relieved Chat. Normally I would be pleased but today was not "normal".

I sighed and opened up the trapdoor. "what do you want" I said snapping a little more than I meant to. 

"What princess isn't happy to see me?" 

I rolled my eyes annoyed and tried to wipe the tears away quickly.

"Listen Chat now really isn't a good time."

"Which is all the more reason to show up!"

"listen it's a..." I had to pause to keep my composure so I didn't break down. I refused to let him see me when I'm weak as Ladybug or otherwise. "really a bad time." I said my voice cracking.

"I'm coming in because you need comfort and there's nothing you can do about it."

There was no point in fighting it. He was the only real friend I had who hasn't betrayed me yet. So I let him in quickly throwing the lighter and charm bracelet into the bucket and shoving it under the desk thinking I would try again tomorrow.

"So... How are you doing?"

For some reason I just... I just started crying I didn't even try to hold back. It was the first time in at least 2 months someone had asked how I was and it felt like they were genuinely curious. 

"Oh my gosh did I say something wrong oh god..." He quickly ran to me and sat on my bed trying to comfort me.

"No no it's not your fault it's just all my friends just freaking stabbed me in the back at my worst and I hate that I don't hate them."

"Princess I'm sure it wasn't that bad right?"

"My best friends called me a burden annoying clingy and Adrien didn't do anything about it! When they saw me they didn't start apologizing and I threw the necklace he gave me onto the ground. It was awful Chat." I sobbed into his shoulder.

For a while, he just hugged me as I cried. I think he held me there for 20 minutes straight. He didn't pull away. Didn't look at my face. All he did is wrap me up in his arms without an ounce of selfishness to it.

"I'm sure that Adrien did mean any harm. He didn't say anything right?"

"Yeah but that's the problem. He didn't add anything but he sure as hell didn't stop them. That's like saying a robber with a gun didn't pull the trigger so he's a-okay. It's not fine just because he wasn't the one who shot the clerk. He didn't call the police. And it would take a lot to ever get my trust and love back again."

"I mean for god's sake I never did anything to them!"

"Do you think anything else could've made them say those things?"

"Well, I don't- Lila."

"What?"

"There's this girl in my class who was gifted the power of manipulation. She threatened me earlier today and she must've used it."

Adrien's POV

I don't think Lila talked to us before we left for the park. Did she? Or am I just crazy? Maybe this suit makes me immune or something or maybe she forced us to forget it. Either way, she was a sicko who hurt Marinette and I was not going to let that happen without some serious punishment. I looked at Marinette and was simply heartbroken knowing that if I wasn't transformed I would see that glowing number above her head.

Marinette's POV

"I want to burn a charm bracelet Adrien gave me but I can't get the nerve to do it. Wanna help?"

He looked strangely uncomfortable at that suggestion saying"I think we should do something better." instead

"Like what?" I asked confused

When he went up the trap door and beckoned me to follow. When I came up he grabbed my waist and pulled me close to hop around Paris with his staff. When he set me down we were at Alya's house with her car parked in the driveway.

"You seriously thought this would cheer me up Chat?"

"Wait right here, I'll be right back I promise!"

He ran off and ducked behind a corner and came back with two cartons of eggs.

" Wanna egg a house and/or car?"

"God damn, you freaking genius you know how to get me started."

We left laughing happily trying to stop looking so ridiculous. The only thing I felt was wrong at that moment was that I was wasting his time. He shouldn't have to deal with me but he does. Even though all those comments and nasty rumors people say about me are true he puts up with me anyway just to make me happy for one moment.

I felt guilty really. Maybe Alya and Nino weren't wrong to say those things about me. Maybe Adrien's just as cruel as them. Maybe Lila, Chloe, and Sabrina bully me every day. But no one was as cruel as me for making them deal with me. No one could ever be as cruel as me. I knew it the second I saw pity in Chat's aura.

There's a fine line between pity and caring and I had to see the difference a little too soon. Turns out a lot more people pity you than care about you and it sucks. So the second I went home I tried to usher Chat away. I didn't need him to stay here because he felt bad for me.

"I refuse to simply leave my princess after such a horrid day! Who do you think I am Adrien Agreste?"

"Too soon Chat."

"Got it."

"And I told you to stop calling me princess I'm anything but," I said with a serious tone

"You may not be a princess to anyone else but you're a princess to me. And every princess deserves to be treated the best." He pulled out the necklace Adrien had given me at the ceremony seemingly out of thin air.

"How did you get this I threw it away."

"I saw it at the park before I came here and remembered you wearing it so y'know I just thought you might want it back. I can take though if you need clearly you were trying to get rid of it."

"No, no it's fine. Thank you Chat. But you should be going it's getting late." I don't deserve this treatment from you. From anyone. You're too good for me Chat Noir. I assured him out and kissed him on the cheek before shoving him onto my balcony and out of my room.

I softly whispered to myself after dramatically flopping on my bed. "Please kitty just see me for what I am and up and leave me. It's more painful when you lie."

Alright so I posted this super late last night and I didn't meet the word count but it was like midnight and due dates y'know. So I posted it even when it didn't even reach 900 but no one read it, because who's up at midnight am I right? Wait- But anyway I was able to fix my fatal mistake and this has gone from a short chapter to a normal length one! Ta-daaa. You're welcome 🫶🏼

Loves.

         Crystal