Fifteen

Hey guys. Today was rough. I was asked out but thought he was joking so I laughed in his face... daily suicidal thoughts check, and... yeah that's pretty much it. How's your day going?

Adriens POV

She gasped for air just as the timer was about to hit zero resetting it. She was going to be okay.

She was going to be ok.

And if she was... so was I.

Marinette looked at me with tears in her eyes. Her eyes darted around in shock.

"Did... did I do this?"

"Well yeah but it's ok."

She scrambled out of my arms in a panic. A fear of not everyone around her but herself. 

"This is exactly why I should've been able to jump I knew it!"

"Marinette."

"Stupid, stupid, stupid."

"Marinette!"

She lunged at the edge of the building before I grabbed her arm finally getting her attention.

"MARINETTE!"

"What."

"Mlady please. You have to understand.l

"What is there to understand Adrien? That you never defended me? You lied to me? Lord knows you haven't helped me."

"I will have you know if I hadn't stepped in you'd be dead!"

"GOOD."

"No I mean that when I got my power you only had three months!"

"What do you mean 3 months?!"

"I mean to live! You would've died just now and I... I would've been left broken Marinette."

Her eyes glistened with tears and shame as she glanced at her shoes. A deer in headlights. I went to hug her as she sunk to the floor quietly sobbing. 

"Please get help." I whispered tracing the scars across her arms.

With a defeated sigh she looked up and said the most freeing word ever.

"Okay."

"Could you miraculous ladybug everything back into place now?"

She sighed "Yeah."

Fast forward a few weeks and she's in therapy. We went through it together and we learned a trick for whenever she was feeling stressed and wanted to cut herself she would grab an ice cube and put it on her wrist for 30 seconds. It's not perfect but it's better. 

Her parents are doing everything they can, which can be smothering sometimes but I'm glad that they're there for her.

I think everything will be okay from now on.

Marinettes POV

I was up in my room taking my meds when I heard my trap door open. I thought it was strange because by now Adrien just comes through my door. So by the time I walked over there I didn't see anyone.

Out of nowhere I felt a drugged cloth over my mouth. I tried to fight back kicking behind me but the drug, which I assume was a sedative started kicking in making my movements groggy and my vision hazy.

There was a ringing in my ears, as my nose burned when I smelled the sickly sweet cloth. I swung one final time this time hitting my target before collapsing on the floor, my legs giving out.

"Let's see if your kitty really does love you as much as he says he does."

Then everything went black.

Adriens POV

I was walking home when I got an Amber alert in my phone. I checked it only to immediately drop my phone on the concrete in horror.

Marinette was missing.