Chapter 32

"Mom. My room is all packed." Jeremy shouted from his room.

"Ok baby. I'll be there in a few minutes." Giselle responded from the kitchen. She was sitting on a bar stool across the Kitchen island from Trina who came over to help her go through things as she packed.

Giselle wanted to purge as she went so, she had spent all of Saturday deciding what would go with her to Chris', what would go to storage and what would go to the good will. They had been at it all day and had accomplished Giselle's room and Jeremy's room but were stopping to take a break for dinner.

"More wine?" Giselle asked Trina as she tilted her glass to pour more in. It was nearing the bottom of the bottle but there was another airing out on standby.

"Why is that even a question?" Trina responded theatrically which made Giselle smile and roll her eyes as she leaned across the counter to fill her glass.

"Have you and Jackson decided on where you're having the wedding?" Giselle questioned as she sat back down and took a sip.

"We've narrowed it down to two. Either the Fairmont or we were thinking a destination wedding in Hawaii." Trina said enthusiastically as she pondered what her dream wedding would be like.

"Ew. No. Don't do Hawaii. Everyone does Hawaii." Giselle jokingly protested but secretly hoped her friend would take her advice.

"Hmm. Yeah, you're right." Trina agreed as she sighed to herself.

"What about the Virgin Islands? It's a short flight from Miami, where we could have your bachelorette party a couple of nights before." Giselle suggested as she started her pitch. "There's white sand beaches, crystal clear waters, rum, palm trees..." she finished as she wiggled her eyebrows to sell it more.

"Go on. I'm listening." Trina said intrigued as she cocked an eyebrow and waved her hand, showing she wanted her friend to continue.

"Just think you could have a wedding at night, under the stars or maybe even at sunset."

"What if it's too hot? I don't want to sweat off all my make up."

"You could always have a winter or spring wedding before it heats up."

Trina sat across from Giselle, swirling her glass as she thought of what else she might have to consider. "What if not everyone we want to invite can make it? There's a lot more added costs if we asks guest to travel with us."

"How many guests do you plan on inviting?"

"Jackson thinks about 75. But...I'm shooting more for 150?"

"Jesus Trina."

"What?"

"150? Who are you J-Lo?"

"No. But I am me." Trina scoffed at her surprised outrage.

"No. You're right that tracks." Giselle laughed as she agreed this was right on par for her best friend.

The woman's back and forth was interrupted by the doorbell. "That must be the food." Giselle confirmed as she pushed away from the counter. "Jeremy. The food is here."

Giselle accepted the food from the delivery guy and brought it back to the kitchen. She took the boxes of Chinese out of the brown paper bag and walked to the pantry for paper plates. "Jeremy. Dinner. Now." She called once again for her son to join her.

"Sorry mom. There was a new episode of power ranger's mystic force." Jeremy explained as he grabbed for his plate, bringing it in front of him.

"How do you feel about you and your mom moving in with Chris soon?" Trina asked as she adjusted the chopsticks in her hand.