chapter 5: memories

long chapter 😍
note: sorry i didn't post the next chapter for a few days, i was busy so i will post a long chapter, this chapter is about tsukasa's backstory, keep in mind that some of the stories i wrote here are not in the game.

(TW: Sensitive topic, suicide)

Rui POV:

today is the day we will do our assignment presentation, I've decided to just focus on the presentation and ignore tsukasa. I just need to get good grades and graduate from this stupid college, in two months we will all graduate. sighhh it's okay rui you can definitely deal with it it's only for two months...

I packed my lunch and took my car keys and immediately drove to the college building. I really hate all the students in that college and I really want to skip class but i can't because I have to finish my assignment presentation today.

I parked my car as usual and started walking at the hallway. I could feel everyone staring at me with annoyed and disgusted looks, it seemed like the rumors had spread very fast. I tried not to pay attention to the people staring at me, but there was one conversation among the students that caught my attention...

"Hey, did you know that Tsukasa kun's sister 'saki' is in the hospital again.."
"Yeah, I've heard that poor Tsukasa... he has to take care of his little sister and has to be a good big brother."
"He said he would only present at the time of the assignment presentation, probably because the assignment is indeed important for our grades later."
"I hope Tsukasa kun and his sister are fine..."
"Even though he was just mocked yesterday by that weirdo what's his name again? Rui Kamishiro, right?"
"shhh!! don't say it too loud he can hear you, he's staring at us now"
"huh he really is a strange person..."

oh? so tsukasa has a younger sister and his sister is currently being treated at the hospital.
I continued walking to my class and it was true that Tsukasa's chair was empty, I decided to ignore it, the most important thing I had to focus on today's presentation.

I can hear the other students are very worried about Tsukasa and his sister's condition.
they keep talking how to cheer up tsukasa.

and after a few minutes the teacher finally entered the class.
"Tenma didn't go to class today, he just went to class just to make a presentation."
"Let's hope that he and his sister are okay."
After the lesson the students were asked to gather in the hall for their presentation.

I looked around and I saw Tsukasa. All the students immediately gathered around Tsukasa and started asking questions with worried expressions.

"Tsukasa are you okay?"
"hey tsukasa, how is your sister now?"
"Tsukasa what happened to your sister?"
all of them questioned him with many questions but he just faced the ground and didn't speak a word.

the presentation begins and each pair is called to explain the results of the assignment made. everyone who was waiting for their name to be called was getting ready, but not with tsukasa.
he was busy looking at his cellphone with a worried and sad face.

"Tsukasa I don't want to talk to you anymore but could you focus on our assignment and start practicing your words."
I said to Tsukasa with an annoyed look, but he just kept staring at his cellphone and ignored me.

I tapped his shoulder several times and he finally came to his senses.
"ohh...sorry rui I'm just really worried about my sister right now.."
"Tsukasa if you want us both to get good grades focus on our assignment."
"Yes, I know..." only one pair left before it was my turn and our Tsukasa was told to get ready behind the curtain of the presentation stage and wait but suddenly I heard a loud voice from behind me.

it's tsukasa- and he accidentally dropped himself into our assignment?!
"ehhh?! what's that sound?!"
"Did you hear that voice?"
the students heard the loud noise and started to get confused.
(Tsukasa, Rui)
"Eh?! Rui! I'm sorry, I was very sleepy and didn't sleep last night-"
Tsukasa's explanation was cut by Rui who suddenly shouted loudly at him.
"WHAT THE HECK TSUKASA?!"
"DON'T YOU KNOW HOW LONG I WAS PLANNING OUR ASSIGNMENT?!"
"rui- please forgive me, I didn't mean to, I swear!"
"ENOUGH TSUKASA, YOU'RE OUT OF THE LIMIT!"
The couples whose presentations had finished and the curtains were opened showed Rui who had an angry expression and Tsukasa with a frightened and nervous expression, so all the students could see the two of them clearly.
"CAN YOU CAN NOT BE ANNOYING FOR ONE DAY?!"
"Yk what! I think you deserve to be sad because of your sister's condition now!"
"Your sister should be ashamed because she has a brother like you! and your parents will definitely be disappointed with you."
"You don't deserve all the attention from people."
"Ever since we met, you always mess things up, can't you think a little more mature?!"
"You're very childish, you can only annoy other people around you."
" And you never care about other people around you, you are just so selfish!"
"AND YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK"