Starting up

George for all his life was second to none always smarter, faster, stronger than his peers, but all that changed when he met Guilliman. There was no way for him to beat him, everything he tried failed. So he turned to spreading rumors about Guilliman, this had little success until now. George had watched Guilliman walk out of the Medbay and went in to investigate.

"Hello!" George called out to anyone in the building.

"One second" called out Vestal, as she hurried to the front desk

"How may I help you?" She asked George

"I just saw Roboute come out of here, and was wondering what happened?" George asked with fake innocence

"I don't have all the details, but he administered Laffey here. I overheard him saying something about testing Laffey's strength." Vestal says with a sigh. This is great thought George, he could spin this any way he wanted and finally bring Roboute down. George walked back to his office, as it was almost lunchtime now was the perfect time to strike. He went back and told his ship, Benson, and let her spread the rumor about Guilliman looking down and harming anyone who he deemed weak.

It was lunchtime around the base and the students and ships gathered in the canteen to eat and socialize. Guilliman however was looking over the dummy destroyers trying to get a feel for the technology. Unlike many candidates, ships coming to life made sense to him. The wisdom cube, to him, simply brought the Machine Spirit into a physical form. But now is not the time for theories, he was here to see how he should go about improving Laffey physically as he promised her. While conducting research he did not know of the rumors circulating about him abusing his ship. Right now Guilliman's reputation was teetering on a razor's edge. Guilliman who had now made his plan to help Laffey remembered that she was not like a Space Marine and needed to eat. So he made his way to the canteen to pick up food for Laffey. Guilliman entered the canteen and joined the line of people. Most had never seen Guilliman here and started to whisper among themselves about his appearance here. By the time he made it to the front of the line most students had heard of Guilliman's appearance in the Cafeteria and watched him. Guilliman looked at the names of the food being served and picked the Teriyaki Twister thinking that Laffey might enjoy it, he also grabbed a bottle of Oxy-Cola for Laffey as she has made note of liking it, before leaving. Soon after everyone went back to normal as if nothing ever happened. Guilliman went back to the Medbay with the food and checked in with vestal before heading in to see Laffey.

Guilliman knocked on the door and went in. Laffey was asleep on the bed, so he sat down carefully on the nearby chair as not to break it. Guilliman would wait several hours for Laffey to wake up. Laffey finally stirred awake just before dinner. She look around and finds Guilliman sitting there.

"What is it you wish to ask?" Guilliman questions

"How long... has Laffey been here..." Laffey looks at Guilliman with her normal tired eyes

"You came in before lunch and woke up before dinner, I would say roughly five hours. With that being said I believe it would be best for us to dinner."

Laffey nodded and slowly got out of the bed. Guilliman stood up and the two made their way out of the Medbay where Vestal would check the two out. Laffey walked slowly to the cafeteria, Guilliman moving after several of Laffey's steps. During this time Laffey wanted to get to know Guilliman better, so she began to ask him questions.

"Hey, commander..."

"Yes."

"What did you do before coming here?"

"I worked under my father."

Laffey didn't pry into that any more than that, but continued questioning.