Commander Guilliman

It has been three months since Guilliman had begun training Laffey, and now they were finally done. The fallowing day they would announce who gets to be commander of the Eagle Union, though Laffey has no doubt in her mind that Guilliman would be selected. Guilliman has been in his room mulling over weather or not he should bring his armor out. After spending a fair amount of time he decides to take his father's sword with him, mostly for ceremony rather than the intent to either show or use it. Guilliman's fashions the blue and gold sheath to his hip and steps out of his room to meet up with Laffey before heading to the auditorium before the selection was made. It was a bit before midday and Guilliman was out looking for Laffey. Meanwhile Laffey was enjoying sleeping in for the first time in three months, as she was laying in her bed enjoying the rest she could feel Guilliman's steps as he made his way to her room. Laffey decided now was as good a time as any to get up. Guilliman knocks on Laffey's door and speaks.

"I know you're awake, meet me in front of the Café in ten minutes or two laps around the base, plus one for each minute after." After speaking Guilliman walks away presumably towards the Café. Laffey opens her eyes that are missing part of their usual tiredness. Laffey gets up and throws together her outfit, though unlike herself three months ago she now wears the jacket zipped up. Guilliman takes this time to prepare a gift to Laffey, he is not an affectionate person but he knows that rewarding someone is key for building trust. That and Guilliman Understands that this isn't the 42nd millennium anymore and people are mostly educated and show happiness, so he needs to adjust to the current times. He has for the past two weeks thought over what to give her, he is a terrible normal human and has no idea what to get her. One day when out of the base he saw a stuffed bunny and thought back to Laffey's bunny ear hair clips. So now he sits here waiting for Laffey to show up.

Shinano was sleeping per usual as she was off dreaming. Though this time she has been sitting in complete darkness, just simply floating with no way to move. As she sat there she pondered if Guilliman would show up and save her, but that would not be the case. As the shadows seemed to engulf Shinano a light appeared in front of her. It was a beautiful, radiant golden light. A light that could light even the darkest of place. As the light took over the land Shinano had to close her eyes. As she opened her eyes a man even larger than Guilliman was standing in front of her in ornate golden armor. His was the luxurious a person could ever see. His face tan with white glowing eyes. Shinano tried to keep awake in such a mighty presence but his power was too much and she awoke from her dream.

Back with Guilliman he was waiting for Laffey. After another minute Laffey was visible. Laffey sat down across from Guilliman. Once she sat down Guilliman pulled out a brown bag from under his seat in put it in front of Laffey.

"I have seen that is nice to get a gift for someone who has done a job, and you have trained hard for the past three months, so take this" Guilliman's stoic voice gave away zero emotion though genuine in what he said. Laffey looked confused and expected to  find a new textbook from Guilliman, but found the bag too light for that. She opened the bag and in sat a stuffed toy bunny. It was fluffy to the touch, had pink ears and eyes. Laffey was taken aback by this gesture Guilliman had made. To her he was cold calculating always acting out of what he thought was best, but this... showed he had emotions after all. Even if buried deep inside of him.

"Thanks for the gift..." Laffey managed to get out a thank you while in her stupor. Guilliman still was yet to smile though he wasn't frowning either. Then an announcement came over the speakers: "Could all Commander candidates and ships please report to the auditorium, thank you."

With the orders given Guilliman stood up inadvertently showing Laffey that he had a sword attached to his hip. Laffey asked Guilliman why he had a sword on him, and Guilliman had told her it was a gift from his Father. Laffey didn't bother to try and find out any more, so without further delay the two made their way to auditorium with Laffey holding the bunny in one arm.