File: What Needs to Be Done

Percy was going to kill the Ghost Rider.

He was going to use their bones to make a combustible kazoo. He'd take their car and run it through a political campaign parade because he was going to ruin everything they ever loved. He'd take their leather jacket and run it through the wash four times until the seams fell apart with a single touch. He-

"You know I can hear you, right? You're talking out loud."

The demigod turned in towards the being in a way that caused the Ghost Rider to tense in surprise. "I will eat your windshield wipers."

"D-Don't? What's going on, I've never had anyone react like this to me before."

"What, are you some type of badass or something?" Percy asked as dodged an attack from one of the shadow creatures, because that was a thing now. Apparently, they were his demons that had manifested themselves into something physical, intent on taking him down.

He already sucker punched his anxiety away because he had been taking medication for it already, thank you very much.

"Actually, yes." Ghost Rider answered his question, their skull face somehow managing to look peeved. "You are making remarkable progress. I had thought that your battle prowess laid mainly in your ability to control water."

"Maybe I will carve you into a kazoo." Percy said absentmindedly as he stabbed Riptide into the dirt so he could use one of his smaller daggers to stab a shadow under their chin and kick their disintegrating body into another. He was a whirlwind of motion, dodging attacks left and right as he and his dagger seemed to become one. Even though he loved Riptide to death (and it would always remain his number one), it didn't allow quite the same movement his dagger allowed. He really should find a name for it, it was a shame to keep only calling it his dagger.

"You are almost finished." The Spirit of Vengeance commented, idly watching him stab another shadow through the eye socket.

As Percy went to slice through another shade, this time using Riptide, everything suddenly froze and a loud clock chimed, the sound echoing around them.

"Happy birthday." The Ghost Rider said, tilting their head. "I really respect you. You're a great hero."

Aw.

Right where it hurts, you stupid little shit. This is all your fucking fault.

"Yeah, fuck you." Percy responded, rolling his eyes. "You-" Suddenly, he froze, the only movement from him being the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed. His eyes seemed to track some unseen being, his jaw set tightly.

"What is it?" Ghost wondered because the demigod wasn't reacting to anything they had conjured up in their own bubble. "Are you okay?"

"Who the fuck are you?" Percy growled, his green eyes taking on an emerald hue as the air in front of him began to contort. Ghost took a step back, halting any shades as they observed what was about to occur.

As the distortion continued, a woman a few years older than the demigod seemed to appear from no where, her eyes taking in the area with a look of confusion and fascination. She didn't appear to hear his question or, if she did, she had not realized he was speaking to her. She had long brown hair with eyes to match, and she wore a dark red corset-type shirt with black pants, her boots elevated by a small chunky heel.

Red magic curled around her finger tips and in her hair, but it didn't do her any good as she suddenly found a hand around her throat and her body lifted into the air.

"You're in my head." Percy said calmly despite his actions, his green eyes meeting her startled and panicking red-brown. "You'd do best not to ignore me." He set her down roughly on her feet, ignoring the way one of heels made a small cracking sound, and he pushed her back until her back roughly hit a wall and she was cornered. "Who. Are. You?"