𝒊𝒗. Never Be The Same

✩˚ *·ヽ

𝕮𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖘𝖔𝖓 𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉CHAPTER FOUR, Never Be The Same

𝕮𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖘𝖔𝖓 𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉
CHAPTER FOUR, Never Be The Same

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Clarisse wasn't born stupid. Ever since she caught Alicent sneaking off to go see the King, she had been at the cross with her. Father had something to do with this and she knew it.

She even confronted her father on his intentions of sending Alicent.

"How can you even suggest this at all? That's my best friend's father! To even suggest that I even go despite being a child is appalling." Clarisse was absolutely disgusted. Horrified that her father would go this far for more power.

Her father contorted in anger but he didn't even get a chance to respond because Clarisse was already out the door.

Rhaenyra and Clarisse walked arm in arm through the gardens. Lately, her father had been trying to keep her locked up ever since their little 'spat' but she always managed to escape.

"What's on your mind, Nyra? Something's troubling you."

Sometimes Rhaenyra would forget that Clarisse would read her so easily.

"In the small council this morning, I offered a solution to Lord Corlys' problems with the pirates. He asked that we show power and I offered that dragon riders go out on dragon back, that's a show of power. Father brushed me off and sent me to pick a knight for the Kingsguard. He still treats me like I'm some naive child . . ."

The sadness and tears in her eyes were enough for Clarisse to intertwine her fingers with Rhaenyra. The Princess gave her a small smile and felt less alone.

"Let us go together then?"

The two interlaced their arms together again and made their way over to the balcony but were stopped.

On their way there, her maid Petra had managed to find her, the poor woman was out of breath and exhausted. "Lady Clarisse. Please do not wander off again!"

Sometimes it was like Petra's purpose was to steer her away from Rhaenyra. This was indeed true, by the orders of Lord Otto, he hired a new maid for his youngest to take care of her, but also distract her from the Princess, in other words, distancing his daughter from the Targaryen.

"Petra I am not a child. I will go wherever I wish and I don't need to tell anyone to do so." Clarisse snapped.

A hand was placed on Clarisse's shoulder, managing to calm her down. Rhaenyra then turned to the maid, "You're excused. Leave at once,"

The maid let out a noise, "But Lord ━"

"You would defy an order from the Princess and Heir to the Throne herself?" Clarisse interrupted earning a smirk from Rhaenyra.