𝒙𝒙𝒗. ¹I Know They're Losing and I'll Pay for My Price

✩˚ * ヽ

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE¹ I KNOW THEY'RE LOSING AND I'LL PAY FOR MY PLACE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
¹ I KNOW THEY'RE LOSING AND I'LL PAY FOR MY PLACE

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Xander wouldn't admit it but he couldn't say that he didn't miss his cousins.

Except for Aegon of course. He was beyond redemption when he'd be drinking his cups and sleeping around caring that he had a wife or children.

He was aware of Targaryen traditions and how his Aunt Alicent felt about their queer customs according to what his Mama Rhaenyra told him about her younger days.

His Aunt Alicent was a hypocrite when she decided to marry Helaena and Aegon.

Returning to King's Landing was filled with memories of his old life. In the yard, he had memories of where his father would use to train him and Roman every morning accompanied by Jace and Luke.

But as they have gotten older, the feud between Rhaenyra and Alicent has grown.

He could see how his Aunt Alicent would stare off in the distance watching his father, Laenor, Rhaenyra, and Clarisse's dysfunctional yet beautiful family.

Aunt Alicent still held that same jealousy when she watched her sister marry once again. How she openly flaunted her preferences in both men and women without no shame.

Growing up, all his mother wanted was for him to find love no matter their gender. But the world they lived in would never accept it. Which is why

She had that epic love with Rhaenyra, Harwin, and later Daemon.

When he exchanged letters with Aemond over the years he didn't realize his feelings until he saw him again. Aemond had become stronger over the years and his heart fluttered when he was close by.

Dinner was supposed to go well. Instead, Luke had to laugh about the big sparking old memories from the past of the 'pink dread'.

"The audacity of that one-eyed-" Roman hardly lost his cool. In a way, he was much like his late father. He wasn't one to easily let his emotions get the best of him. Unlike his younger twin, he handled it quite well.

Except when it came to family. Jace, Luke, Joffrey, Aegon, and Viserys are his brothers no matter if they were of blood or not.

"Might I have a suggestion, How about I slam his face into the mud as Father did to Ser Crispen, How about it brother?" Xander suggested as he threw his jacket also wearing a matching scowl.

Roman looked like he agreed with his words. Before he could respond there was a knock on the door and opened to reveal the least expected person.

"Why are you here?" Roman asked with narrowed eyes. Over the years he always believed in the worst in Aegon, and later extended to Aemond.

"To talk to you, but I see that you have that raging dog here." Aemond gestured to Roman.

"Have you ever looked in the mirror cousin?" Roman commented snidely.

Before a fight could break out Xander defused the situation, "I can handle this big brother. If you can please leave."

Roman shot his brother a look of protest but seeing the look of reassurance on his face made him stand down.

Once his brother left, Xander sat down at a chair in front of the fireplace, "What do you want?"

"I wish to talk," Aemond stated but the look on his face was filled with uneasiness and guilt. He wasn't sorry for dragging Jace and Luke's names but for hurting him and Roman in the process.

"I think you did enough talking tonight." Xander glared.

"You knew about the joke and what happened and you still go on and defend them?" Aemond asked with anger.

Xander looked down at the fireplace, "I am not excusing what Luke has done to you. What he did was horrible, he knows it. But to claim Vhagar at Aunt Laena's funeral was uncalled for. Rhaena should at least have had the chance to claim Vhagar. Dragons are not to be owned, nor are they toys. You tried -"

"He tried to kill me!"

"The moment you had that damn rock in your hand is what signed your fate Aemond."

When Aemond didn't say anything it made Xander even more infuriated and stood on his feet, "Get out."

"That night I may have gained a dragon but I lost you in the process." Aemond walked closer and took his hand. The other went to where the dagger rested in its sheath in his belt where he unleashed a dagger with a sapphire gem.

"You still have it."

Xander clenched his fist at Aemond's awe and grabbed the dagger. "I want you to leave."

This time Aemond grasped his face, "I don't think you want me to leave just yet cousin."

Aemond leaned forward and captured his lips. Xander's eyes widened and froze in absolute shock. He didn't realize that he was kissing back until Aemond started to maneuver down his jaw to his neck. His shirt slowly became loose.

"Do you still want me to stop Xander?"

He was greeted by Xander's lips colliding against his and together the two moved back toward the bed and fell down on it. "No."

✩˚ *·ヽ

⊹ ˚. ♡ ࿐ YA GIRL HAS FINALLY FINISHED FINALS. HELL YEAH. I AM NEVER TAKING SIX COLLEGE COURSES AGAIN.

⊹ ˚. ♡ ࿐ Now for the next couple of chapters, it's gonna be a time jump and goes straight to when Rhaenyra, Daemon, and Viserys are back on Dragonstone and learn that Viserys is dead.

⠀⠀⠀ ALSO!!! Check out "READY FOR IT" house of dragon published now!

⊹ ˚. ♡ ࿐ I'm gonna try fully committing to dedications, so COMMENT HERE IF YOU WANT ONE.