𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. the married life

✩˚ *·ヽ

CHAPTER THIRTEEN, The Married Life

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Many months have passed since Clarisse and Harwin married. After Laenor and Rhaenyra married, the next two weeks they had their wedding ceremony. Their wedding was as small as they wanted it to be, as much as a part of her wanted her father to be there, she was glad that he didn't show up.

She didn't want him to cause unnecessary drama. Clarisse wasn't sure what to think of him anymore. But she knew that she needed to move on with her life. He was no longer coming back here, and the truth is, Clarisse had survived better without him.

Alicent would try to take the reigns of the wedding planning Rhaenyra had everything planned in two weeks before she left. No matter how many times Alicent wanted to change her mind on certain themes of the Wedding, she denied it.

He tried to tarnish Rhaenyra's reputation and attempted to do the same with hers, which made Clarisse realize that he truly did not care if his children were in the crossfire.

Clarisse Hightower was no more, but Clarisse Strong.

Ever since what happened at the Royal Wedding, Criston hadn't been the same. Instead, he chose to follow Alicent from that day forward. He no longer talked to her and Clarisse was glad.

The woman never knew a perfect man could exist until she met Harwin. He was smitten with Clarisse and everyone knew it. Despite being called Breakbones, many seemed intimated by him but Clary warmed up to him quickly even before they got married.

He'd bring her flowers, whether it was one or a dozen it didn't matter because he'd show up with them anyway.

Harwin would hold her hand everywhere, loving the feeling of her small hand intertwining with his large one.

They went to Harrenhal for two months; it was the longest she had been apart from Rhaenyra. Who was staying at Driftmark for her honeymoon, but would be returning to the Red Keep soon.

It took some time to get used to the Large castle. But Harwin made sure that she knew every part of it.

On some of their days, Harwin and her would lay in bed until they had their duties to attend to. Harwin was tasked with things in favor of his father, who was too busy being the Hand of The King.

Meanwhile, Clarisse busied herself with the common folk, getting to know where her husband spent most of his life growing up.

Eating was also surprisingly pleasant. They weren't awkward and silent like she had growing up, but instead delightful.