Mitsuki
Mitsuki
Mitsuki

Ever since the day of the festival and the chaos that have ensued due to Mitsuki's reckless disapperance in the house, things at home have never been the same.

The atmosphere was not as expected welcoming, her father dragged her in a room and scolded her for the rash and careless actions that was definitely not befiting of the family's heir.

Lecturing her actions that he said could potentially destroy the family's honor.

What a load of bull.

That was years ago, years ago where Mitsuki's only thought was playing and spending time with her mother and the people who served their family.

Years ago where she was away from the family's business that the grown ups were too involved about.

Now, she was told to grow up

as if it was easy.

Presently, Mitsuki was in her room finishing her homework that was probably due next week.

That was always her routine- it was a never ending cycle of eating, studying and then sleep.

That was all she had going on these days.

She sighed tiredly already feeling incoming headache.

But decided to push through anyways, she had to finish these and then study next week's topic too.

Her smooth and perfect handwriting however was stopped when she heard a soft yet firm knock.

She sighed again looking at her alarm clock. It read 11:20

"Come in" the door was pushed inward and she saw her aunt as expected. Like clockwork her aunt would always visit her making sure she was asleep and not touching a single textbook.

It was endearing for a while but nowadays it was just annoying especially when she asked to be undisturbed.

"hey, I thought you'd still be up" using those knowing tone of hers.

"Can't. I have to finish these tonight"
She said curtly.

Glancing at her aunt Yukio for a moment then focused on her work.

"You should still get some sleep" 

"After" she could hear her aunt sigh tiredly.

At that, hours of disfunctional sleeping schedule and a splitting headache to add the stress were the reason she whirled around to face her aunt and snapped.

"If you're tired, perhaps you should get out and leave already, you are only hindering my process by breathing down my neck"

The silence after that was painful but she knew if she took a second glance at her aunt now, her face twisted with pain and sadness would have stung more.

"Okay, i'll leave i'm sorry little moon"
She leaned in and used her right hand to hold the side of her head and pressed a long kiss on her forehead.

Pressing her lips in a thin line " I'm sorry aunt i-"

"i know" and she did, she smiled at her and she knew no words were needed between them to know she didn't mean the words she said.