Rika

It was a week after the confrontation between the girls and Mitsuki, and during the week, Rika managed to be close to Mitsuki.

At first, it wasn't easy, it was always filled in a one-sided conversation with hums and nods. But now slowly the more time spent the more Rika peeked at the cracks of Mitsuki's persona.

They started slow at first it was eating together, then somehow plans on going home together after school.

Days were usually filled with anything Rika could think of subjects as middle ground interest and so far it was leaning to the academic side.

Rika knew Mitsuki was a prodigy.
A girl who has everything, that's what everyone would describe Mitsuki Mori. Who was known to be the shining golden star of her family ─── born pretty and smart, any parents would fawn over.

They would say that Mitsuki is the standard.

But all Rika could see was that Mitsuki was kind. Whenever she tripped and injure herself she'd give her bandaids as if she prepared them after their first two encounter. Mitsuki was nice (though she'll probably glare at you if you say it to her face)

Even though her introverted side would sometimes wouldn't get social cues and jokes. She was never one of those snobby rich pricks who only care about spending their parent's money. She didn't take advantage of it.

A side of Mitsuki she accidentally glimpsed but happy she did was one time at the back of the school when they said they were going to meet up after ─── she saw Mitsuki crouched down and somehow petting a stray dog stuck with Matt and grime

Yet she looked as if she didn't care as she petted the small creature while it was munching on canned food.

"What's his name?" She asked sitting next to Mitsuki only receiving a glance to acknowledge her but if she was shocked at her appearance, she didn't show it.

"he doesn't have one"

"why not? I think everyone deserves a name even cute strays" Rika commented as she slowly showed her hand to let the puppy sniff her and smiled when it leaned into her palm.

"I don't know what to name him" shocked Rika almost had a whiplash at that and turned her head to her friend.

"What?" Asked Mitsuki confused at her silence.

"It's just- I never thought you'd utter words like 'I dont know' I figured it was never in your vocabulary"

Scowling at that Mitsuki faced her head away from the gawking girl "it's just too much responsibility when I'm not even its owner" shrugging to somehow attain back her laid-back persona.

"Hmm.. what about udon?"

"No, we're not naming him based on food just because your hungry" Mitsuki firmly rejected the option.

Physically deflated, Rika used her palms to support under her chin and pouty, not really denying the claim.

"Kiyo"

"What?"

"how about Kiyo?" At that Rika processed the information.