Classroom Note Passers - Origin

"Would you like to share with the class what's so important that you four had to pass notes to express?" Their teacher said with a frown.

Keefe held a hand over his mouth, stifling a laugh when Dex threw his head down on his desk. Tam just shook his head like I told you so and Sophie was in a full out fight with a shit eating grin.

"Do we have to read all of it?" Dex groaned.

"Alllllll of it!" Tam was just looking for something interesting to happen in this class.

"All of you just read what you wrote," the teacher said not knowing what they were getting into. "Quickly."

"Oh God," Linh whispered.

The four of them stood at Sophie's desk with the page in front of them. Each fighting to hold monotones as they read.

Dex started, "'What are you doing later?'"

"'Laying in bed and regretting life'," Tam had written.

"'That's a fucking lie'," Sophie said.

"'How is that a lie?'" He asked.

"'Because I saw your Minecraft restaurant and I know your taking someone on a digital date'."

"'How the fuck do you know that?'"

"'Magic'."

"'Hold up, who are you dating?'" Dex interrupted.

"'The boogie man'," he said.

"'That's a fine piece of ass'," Keefe said. There was a chorus of snickers from the class that made them pause until it got quiet again.

"'Tell me about it'," he agreed.

"'I'm starting to think you three are in a cult and I'm the sane one'," Dex read.

"'Actually Ella is the sane one.' Smiles," Sophie said.

"Pokes your side," Dex said.

"'Why the-'" Tam interrupted himself with a snort. "'Why the frick fucking frack are you role playing?'"

Keefe took several laugh-shaky deep breaths before reading. "'Just go with the flow, babe.' Ho- pfft- holds your cheek."

Dex coughed few times catching the Um expression on the teacher's face. "'What the fuck'."

"Pushes you," Tam said, biting the inside of his cheek looking pained and amused at the same time.

"Catches Keefe. 'Are you okay, love'?" Sophie managed to cough out.

"Cries." Keefe read. "'I just wanted him to love me.' Bleeds out."

"'When and how the fuck did you start bleeding?'" Dex said.

"'How could you?' Sobs. Stabs Tam." Sophie read.

"Blocks. Stabs Dex."

"Falls down. 'I did nothing, this is treachery.' Coughs. Dies."

"'Dude'... And that's when you caught us because Dex lost his shit." Sophie said unceremoniously.

"And we were just getting to the good stuff," Keefe complained. "I was gonna have an awesome resurrection."

"Some Easter Sunday shit," Tam commented.

"I'm disowning all of you," Biana said from the back.

That teacher considered quitting their job that day.