dances with wolves

Bran Stark. What an perplexingly innocent young boy, one that understands the beauty of adventure and it's risks. But innocent to the horror's of which such adventure will result upon him.

While in Winterfell Bran has become a companion of whom I take immense joy in spending my time with. His need to move and explore is infectious and it makes me smile.

I was walking through the grounds of Winterfell, walking through the layer of snow, my dress skimming the floor as I travelled to the Weirwood tree. Bran had asked me to wait for him by the great tree so that we could have a small adventure around Winterfell later today.

I always thought that the idea of the Gods in the North as peculiar. But they are also unbelievably fascinating. Down in the South we believe in the new gods they were that which grant us the things we hold most dear, which is mostly our families.

I thank such gods for mine however complicated we may be. Family however isn't just those you share blood with but those you share love. My husband was one of them.

I finally got to the tree before I lowered myself on one of the rocks that littered the base of the tree near the waters edge of the lake. I closed my eyes as I breathed deeply, the cold air filling my lungs and the breeze softly whipping my hair out of my face. This has become my favourite place while visiting Winterfell, one of which I come for peace.

While I was sat peacefully, listening to the sound of birds in the trees and the rustling of the red leaves I couldn't help but remember the times when my husband was still alive and the time we spent such moments under the sun in Highgarden.

I smiled as I remembered his face, he was such a handsome man but it wasn't his looks that attracted me and made me fall in love with him. It was his soul. One so pure but flawed. His wit and his laugh is a sound I doubt I will ever forget.

I was so caught up in my memories I didn't hear him approach until I could hear the crunch of the snow under his boot 5 feet away from my current position

I looked up at the figure that casted a shadow from the sunlight peaking between the branches and I found the face of Jon Snow, with a stoic expression but grey eyes full of curiosity focused upon me. I smiled softly at him as I greeted him.

"Hello Jon, how are you this morning?"

"I am well thank you Lady Anthea, why are you alone?"

I smiled and chuckled slightly to his confusion.

"I am waiting for dear Bran who has decided that I am to wait here until he collects me for our next adventure.

But as I wait I am reflecting."

"Reflecting on what?" Jon asked.

"My past. Specifically my dear departed husband."

I heard Jon clear his throat before he replied.