6

TALE OF ZAINAB
CHAPTER 6

AMMAR

"How are you feeling?I ask the teenage boy as i examine his leg.

"Fine,
Where is my mum?"kamal ask it's been 4days since he was rushed to the hospital and I do hope he's enjoying his stay in the hospital

"I.......I didn't get to say a word the room door open, I once again found my eyes staring at the woman i hate myself for always thinking about her.

"Kamal I'm sorry,
I have to take karimah to school myself,
Good morning doctor."she greet dropping the black nylon on the small cupboard next to the bed.

"How are you?"she ask smiling at her son as i just stare at the two, I have been wondering and wanting to ask.

"Uhmmm where is his dad?I ask and she turn.

"He passed away few months ago,
Doctor please when are we getting discharge?"she ask and give her a look of bewilderment.

"Discharged?
It's just four days he's here, we have to makes sure he's healthy and stable for that to happen." I say and she nod turning her gaze to the boy.

This lady called Zainab is one of the charismatic people i have ever come across she's always smiling and for some reason her smile have a way of making me smile.

"Anyway maybe by Tomorrow or next he will be discharged but you will have to bring him once in a while for check up and do the necessary things so we can know when his leg is perfectly ok and we can remove the cast"I explain and she nod.

"Thank you."she say and i nod staring at her.

"How's your daughter?"I ask and she turn with a smile.

"She's fine."she say and grab the black nylon.

"I cooked for you."she say with a smile and remove the faded black warmer with scratches all over the body making me to cringe, she open the warmer revealing the oily looking rice and shake my head with a sigh.

"Thank you ya rabbi" I mutter the things people eat do to poverty.

""Doctor do you mind joining us?
Bismillah."she say and i look at the food them back to her smiling face, it's difficult to say no to this woman especially when she have that smile on her face.

"Uhmmmm,
No thank you."I say and she shake her head as she continue feeding her son.

"I will get back to work and....."I say and she nod.

"Thank you very much."she say without turning back, I glance at her for a while before leaving the hospital room.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
ZAINAB

"But this house is for the children and it's the only thing jabir left for us."I protest as jabir relatives throw my things out from the bedroom.

"This is our brother property and you can't claim it because of the children."one of them say as i stand by the entrance door of the house,
The sun have start to set which make me sigh,
I look at karimah who's sitting on the wooden chair just looking at her so called uncle's as they throw our clothes outside.