Chapter. 1

Tap Tap Tap.

I sit in my room doing nothing. Not reading. Not writing. Not eating. Just sitting on my floor listening to the taps on my window from the rain. I slowly looked out my window and out to the church that my parents ran. We lived right behind the church which sucked because it means I didn't have any reason to be late. Even if I did, things would go down hill with my dad and I. I look around my room for a few more seconds before getting up and going to the living room to try to leave the house. I slowly walked down the creeky old stairs and as I reach the bottom I feel a cold glare stabbing in the back of my head. I freeze as my whole body feels like it had been thrown into the freezing cold ocean. "Kenneth.....What the fuck do you think you're doing!?" I head my mother say in a raspy tone. I turned in fear not wanting to even look at her. "I... I was going to the bathroom ma'ma." I looked at the ground as I responded getting ready for what was to come next. She took a few steps forward grabbing me by my shirt collar. "YOU DO NOT LEAVE THAT GOD DAMN ROOM UNTIL I OR YOUR FATHER SAY OTHER WISE!" She hollered in my face grabbing a knife out of her pocket now placing it on my stomach. She cut a line across my chest as I screamed out in pain begging her to stop. Once she was done she threw me to the ground walking into her and father's room slamming the door. I tried my best to crawl my back into my room. I hold my now deeply cut stomach crying silently in pain. Not to long after passed out dew to what I guess was the blood I had lost.

BANG BANG BANG!

I slowly open my eyes trying to figure out where I was. I look around my room and at the door which was being banged on by who only I could guess was my mother or father. I hear yelling but I could get what the person was saying. My vision was too blurry and hearing was muffled. The next thing I know my door was on the ground and there was a bunch of masked people around me.