Chapter Nine-pt1

Carter Cline POV:

Here I was; back at school. I was going avoid Logan at any cost; I needed to get rid of all these emotional feelings with in me before I could face him again. In fact I don't think I could face Emma either, after she took me to her house I wept on her shoulder for four hours straight. She kept asking me what was wrong and how my apartment got on fire but I told her that if she was my friend, she wouldn't question me. After that she didn't ask me anything, she just comforted me.

I wore a black blouse, beige chinos, black ballet pumps and thick beige bangles. I wanted confidence to radiate off me like the sun and its rays. After my melt down there was no way I was going to come across weak.

I flung open my locker and picked out the stuff I needed for my first lesson; dance. My first dance lesson since I started this school, I would say my dancing skills are as about as good as Rebecca Black's singing skills- you can judge that yourself. Honestly speaking, I hate dance. The only reason I agreed to participate in this lesson was so that I could keep an eye on Logan but right now I just want blow his head off. Why am I feeling this way towards him? Aren't I supposed to be the one in control? What the hell is happening to me? This is so frustrating. My mind occasionally wonders back to our almost kiss and what would've happened had it not been interrupted, I can feel the heat rising to my cheeks and then my mind goes back to how he didn't come to see me when I broke down and once again the heat rises to my cheeks but this time in anger. Slamming my locker shut I make my way to the dance studio.

I feel somebody tap me on the shoulder as I stop by a water fountain to quickly freshen my mind.

"Carter?" I stiffen when I realise its Emma, so much for not facing her.

I used my sleeve to wipe the water clean from around my mouth.

"Hey Emma" I don't make eye contact with her.

"Damn shit Carter!" She stomps her foot hard on the ground.

"What'd I do now?!" I ask in defence.

"I knew it! I just knew you'd be trying to avoid me"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

She slowly takes a step towards me, "look me in the eye and say that"

I clear my face of any emotions, "I don't know what you're talking about"

She crosses her arms across her chest and makes a grunting noise, "you're so hard to work with!"

We both walked together until the end of the corridor where we split paths; me to dance and her to art.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I sat on the floor, one leg crossed over the other as I readied my ankles for dance routines. My navy blue short reached mid thigh and I wore a red vest top, I tied my hair up in a messy bun. The door flung open and Skylar made her way towards me. I knew I wouldn't be able to talk to her without asking why she, 'my friend', didn't come to see me when my apartment burnt down. I looked in the other direction pretending I was watching the others prepare their routines.

I felt her sit down beside me and mimic my actions. I glanced at her slightly as she stretched out her legs, she wore grey jogging bottoms, a purple tank top and her hair was covered with a grey bandanna and a dark grey snap back.

She cleared her throat, "Carter?"

Luckily, she was interrupted by our dance teacher Mr Malone. He was mixed race with a light complexion, about 5'9, he had an Afro that sat neatly on his head. His blue eyes lit up whenever he danced, which was how I could tell that he put everything into dancing; soul, charisma, energy and love.