Chapter Eighteen

A/N: Before we indulge into Chapter 18, I would like to say that I am putting this story ON HOLD from now purely because I'm in a bad position at the moment and not particularly happy but not to worry! I have a plan to fix my problems and that just so happens to include putting this story on hold. If anyone wants to write a chapter and send it into me then I'll happily add it to this story (after checking it). Thank You. Remember Payback's A Bitch ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fidgeted with my rings, the nerves of beginning my story had gotten to me and it was the first time I was telling it to someone.
"Well, I have- erm I had a sister. Her name was Crystal Cline, she dated the fucking prick a year back..." I had just about started the story and my eyes were already welling up in tears. Skylar reached over and held my hand, giving it a small squeeze as if saying to continue in my own time.
"They were really cute together but my sister was a little ballerina so she suited pretty much any stereotypical hot guy. Probably the worst thing about their whole relationship was that he had family dinners at my house and convinced my parents that he was the perfect guy for her. I mean, I believed him too. He was a complete charmer and took my sister out a lot, Crystal was diagnosed with depression 6 months before she met Logan and even though it wasn't severe I could tell she had improved a lot once she had met him. I was really happy for her and I just hoped that he could be 'THE one' for her, you know?" I paused for a moment, Skylar stared at me in concentration. I was beginning to worry that this would all fail and I'd have failed my sister. Nevertheless, I continued on.

"A couple of months down the line, Logan and Crysty were going great or so I thought. I was busy in my own life and I hadn't usually intruded in my sister's life much before so it didn't occur to me that there could be something wrong. Honestly, there wasn't anything wrong up till that one night. It was my parents anniversary and we'd planned to go out to dinner as a family. By around 8pm, Crystal still hadn't arrived home and everybody was really worried. Usually Logan would bring her home in time if not earlier. So that night I went up to her room and I knew exactly where I would find the place Crystal was at. Unlike cliche stories, it really wasn't a mission for me to find out where she was, I rummaged through her underwear draws until my eye fell upon a hot pink book. Her diary to be specific. I flipped over to the calendar section and put my finger on to the date of that day- it's all really a blur to me so I couldn't say exactly when it was."

I stopped, I knew that it was all getting too much for me. The memories of that night were flashing in faster than I could've imagined. The memories so fast that my speech became difficult.
"Carter, don't worry. You don't have to tell me. You can stop." She handed me her bottle of water which I gladly gulped down.
"N-no I'll erm I'll continue." I wiped the residue of the water off my upper lip and began again.
"There was an address written on the calendar, I couldn't initially specify what it was but soon after I found that it was a lodge or a cabin, whatever you call it. I told my parents that I'd return soon with Crystal beside me and we'd all have a nice family meal at home rather than going out considering it was getting late. So I jumped in my car and navigated my way to this place."

I took a deep breath in before continuing. Inside me was an emotion that I hadn't felt in a long time because I'd blocked it out. Not sadness but something deeper than that, something I hadn't even felt when Logan assaulted me or when my father died.

"I parked my car around the corner of the lodge because I thought I'd surprise Crystal and Logan. I knew I wouldn't be intruding something like sex because as a family we preached sex after marriage, not that I had stuck with the rule, but knowing Crystal, she would have. It was quite late by that time, the moon had come out and it was shining directly on the path."

Slowly, hot tears dripped down my face which I gently wiped away. " Just as I was about to walk into the path up to the lodge I heard some people talking. I knew that there wasn't a point in listening but something edged me on and I silently stepped behind a bush that was close by and listened intently."
I turned my body to face Skylar, "you know what? I remember every mother fucking word that fucker said. It's embedded into my mind and all the time I try so hard to just forget, just for a moment so that I can live my life peacefully but it's so hard you know. He was stood with a group of his dumb friends and I heard him say
"She was such a good **** guys..." I heard him say. I kept ducked under the bushes, at no cost was I going to get caught. One of his friends spoke, "Dude, so you just ****ed her and left?" He laughed and replied "course not, I brought out my baby" he showed them his 5inches long knife. It was covered in blood. Instantly I knew what he had done. I blinked back my tears; it was not the time or place to become weak. I snapped my head up when I heard him say "I jabbed into her stomach once, twice, three times did the job. HAHAHA" I was enraged, my knuckles were becoming white as I fisted my hands."

"
That bastard! I had no idea! " I heard Skylar whisper to herself. I was completely sobbing whilst my head rested on the table and Skylar gently rubbed my back lulling me into a sleep.