9. When I say I love U I mean it

Title from: Let Me Down by Jorja Smith

We pull up outside a house, it's near Pierre's Mum's old one. It's semi-big and whilst I can't make out many details in the darkness, there are several rose bushes neatly gardened into the right shape and a few small newly planted trees. "Is this your Mum's new place?" Pierre only nods in confirmation. Upon reflection I didn't really need to ask, I'd dropped Mama off here two months ago for a 'girls night'.

Pierre places the car into park and hops out the driver side. I do the same before closing the door which is quickly locked behind me.

We approach the house slowly and Pierre slots his key into the lock and pushes the door open. Again, I can't see much, only the outline of furniture as no lights are turned on and no light appears to be getting turned on. However, I had heard from Mama and Jasmine, when she'd been around with Valetin, that everything inside was of the highest spec Pascale wanted. She could have everything and anything she wanted. Pierre really went all out on this place.

"Why are we here?" The words are tentative and quiet, both out of nerves but not to wake Pascale, who I'm assuming is upstairs asleep. There would be no other reason to not turn the lights on.

Pierre snorts quietly at my question. "You wouldn't let me leave without you El, it's 2am - we're here to sleep." He shrugs, leading me down the hallway to where the stairs are. "First step has a creak, so leave it out." He warns and I do just that, missing the first stair with a little hop on my short legs.

At the top of the stairs we turn left, along the hallway and at the end enter another door. My eyes widen seeing the room. It's clearly Pierre's...distinctly so. It makes my stomach flip, it's set up very similar to the one in his mother's old house. The posters which were previously rolled up and sports memorabilia are placed in similar spots. The bedding is the same bedding before and each picture frame lies in the same place as they did before around the slightly larger room. It's a little off putting if I'm honest.

I simply stand in the doorway.

I shouldn't have got in the car or given him this ultimatum.

I don't know where to put myself. We should've gave each other time to cool down. Time to process. Maybe that's where all our issues come from. There's either no space or too much space. "I shouldn't have come." My thoughts are suddenly verbalised and I'm left wide eyed. I didn't mean to say that. Pierre's head quickly turns to me, away from his wardrobe with his eyes furrowed. "This seems like a bad idea." I mumble as if to elaborate, my fingers flicking between one and other as I nervously stand by the door.

"Maybe." Pierre only tilts his head in agreement, scratching at his beard awkwardly. Last time I was in his bedroom he didn't have any facial hair now I think about it. "But you're here now. I also like that you're here." He says with a shrug turning back to the wardrobe and fishing out a t shirt. "Here." He throws the white and blue 'Alpha Tauri' shirt in my direction and I catch it with a questioning look.

"Put it on." Pierre instructs, as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"I already have a shirt under here," I explain pulling at the thick grey jumper I managed to grab before leaving. "It's okay." I comfort, going to hand Pierre's shirt back. He simply pushes it back into my hands and then I don't know what to do with it.

When his attention is elsewhere again I place the shirt on top of a pile of other clothes in the corner of the room. They're piled on top of a suitcase, a reminder that his return is only temporary. "So is there like...a guest room?" I ask slowly, already knowing the answer.

This time P turns to look at me as if I've got three heads. "Why would you need a guest room?" He's genuinely confused by my question. There's no smug look, or edge of mischief in his expression only puzzlement.