14. Then theres you

Title from: Oh, What a World by Kacey Musgraves

Pierre's hand is warm and soft. It holds onto me tightly and his eyes fix on me with a look that's so gentle, as if he's afraid I might run away - I wouldn't put it past me to if I'm being honest. Pierre pauses to drop the jacket over a chair so that he's left in only his short sleeved shirt. He looks so good in it I would eat him up if he was edible. It's a thought I keep to myself, my cheeks pink with embarrassment at the silent thought. I'm glad Pierre has his back turned to me as he hooks the jacket tidily over the chair, he's always been able to read my face instantly. He'd only poke fun at me and make me more embarrassed. Before I can miss his touch too much, his hand is on the small of my back, guiding me through the small crowd of people.

He's pushing me to the dance floor as music starts playing. I recognise the song instantly, it's Oh What a World by Kacey Musgraves. One of my favourites, but Pierre already knew that. It has been from the moment I first heard it. "You can't have possibly planned this." I hum, a small grin on my lips. He only looks away from me guiltily which makes me smirk a little more. Pierre really did plan this. Somehow. Some way. He planned this whole thing.

I should have known.

"I'll neither confirm or deny that." He says a small smug smile that tells me he most definitely did plan this. I have no idea how he would ever plan this considering we had barely even looked at each other, let alone spoke before he appeared at my side outside. I only prod his shoulder firmly in annoyance that even when I try to be mad at him he can pull off things like this. He sends me a look as if to say 'what?' and bats his eyelashes innocently. I know there's nothing innocent about it.

Pierre's arms wind around my waist, my hands slip up against his tight toned chest and around his neck as we begin swaying to the music. I'm vaguely aware of some whispering, perhaps a few points and I dread to think of Mama's reaction after all the complaints I've made over the last few months. She'll be enraged I'm sure! That's not even thinking about Jasmine, she wanted to ban Pierre from today entirely. I try not to think too much into the whispers and points as I settle into Pierre's steadying arms. I'm pretty sure about half of those whispers are present just because of his very presence. Nothing to do with me. Still, I feel a little uncomfortable from the attention, even factoring in my recent brushes with fame.

I don't realise I'm looking straight into his dazzling green eyes until a light from the small stage area blinds me a little and I'm forced to look away and blink it away from my eyes. Pierre doesn't seem to mind though. He just remains smiling at me softly as we dance through the first chorus. The words of the song matched with his touch make my heart flutter and stomach twist. I'm no longer cautiously swaying beside him, I'm getting myself comfortable in his arms, relaxing under him. My arms snake a little tighter around his neck and my body presses a little closer to his. My head relaxes to rest just beside his jaw and I can feel his lips press a cautious kiss to top of my head. My stomach flutters. I try not to show the grin that's dying to break out on my face.

Right here, right now in Pierre's arms feels like home.

It's easy between us right now because we don't have to speak. If I could stay in this moment with Pierre forever it would be fine by me because it feels perfect. Neither of us can ruin it with out tempers, cruel words or actions. It can't be tainted with my bitterness or anger. It can't be destroyed by Pierre's overly confident declarations of love or insistence that despite everything we could be good together. This is despite my knowledge that deep down, way down, I know we could be very good together.

Goosebumps raise on my arms as his hands rub up and down softly on my back. His eyes are looking into mine with a firm intensity yet they're also so soft and sad and I feel like he's reliving the same moments as me. The same pain, the same joy and the same love. It's every emotion we've experienced with each other over the last year (and then some) and eventhough the room is full of people, it suddenly feels empty. Like we're the only people here. It knocks the air out of my lungs.