Chapter 2

Marinette smiled as she finished packing up the last box of clothing. Luckily, Alya and Marinette found an apartment near both of their colleges and decided to move in with each other to save money.

Marinette paused the music that was blasting from her headphones. She bent back, cracking back, groaning from the soreness of looking and bending down a lot.

A knock on the door broke her out of her stretch. "Marinette?" she could hear her uncle call. "Yes, Uncle Tom?" she called back. "Did you finish packing yet? We have the truck cleared out," Tom replied.

Marinette opened the trap door, Tom's head peeking in. "I just finished packing the last box," Marinette said, passing him one of the boxes, "I only have three boxes. I can take the other two," Marinette said.

"Got it," Tom said, walking away with the box. "Oh, I can't believe you're growing up so fast," Sabine cried, hugging Marinette. "Aunty, I saved the world three times. This is just school," Marinette laughed.

"Oh still, it's a big deal here on Earth," Sabine said. "Alya's already at the apartment. We were going to get dinner together," Marinette said. "Okay, okay. I won't hold you up any longer," Sabine said.

"I'll see you in two days," Marinette said, "Goodbye."

Marinette could hear a faint goodbye as the door shut. The way to the apartment was short. Tom and Marinette blasted music through the car, rocking out and having fun before finally making it to the parking garage.

"I can take the boxes, Uncle Tom. They have an elevator inside, so it'll be easier to carry them," Marinette said. "Are you sure?" Tom questioned. "I am. Goodbye, Uncle Tom and thank you for the ride," Marinette said, kissing his cheek before going in the back and getting the boxes.

Marinette waved as Tom pulled out of the parking space before heading inside. Marinette gently kicked the door, alerting Alya that she was there. "Finally girl, I was thinking that you were never gonna get here," Alya laughed, taking one of the boxes that were covering her smiling face.

"Sorry, it took so long. I couldn't decide which clothes to make and which ones to donate," Marinette said, placing one of the boxes on the counter.

"It's fine. Although, you did miss the first pick for the bedrooms," Alya said. "Oh, that's fine. As long as I can set up my bed and go to sleep. I don't even care about eating dinner anymore," Marinette sighed.

"Why are you so tired?" Alya asked. "I stayed up a little late last night because of a nightmare and the packing didn't help," Marinette explained.

"Well, you don't have to worry. All we need to do today is just set up the beds. We'll get to everything else later," Alya said.

"Perfect," Marinette said, high-fiving Alya. The two girls used their strength and whatever energy they had left into building the beds. However, the only problem was they only had enough energy and strength to build one bed.

"Sleepover?" Alya asked. "Yes," Marinette sighed, "I'll go make the popcorn."

"I'll go find the computer and blankets," Alya replied. The two walked out of the room. "I think I packed some pillows in one of the boxes. The one marked room," Marinette said. "Girl, why are these such big boxes?" Alya asked.

"They're from stock orders," Marinette cried. Alya chuckled as she took some blankets and pillows in one hand and her computer in the other. "The popcorn is almost finished, about a minute left," Marinette said.

"Perfect," Alya said. The rest of the night went off soundly, both the girls finishing the popcorn early into the movie and both of them falling asleep halfway through.

Both Marinette and Alya were awakened to the sound of Marinette's phone ringing. Marinette saw that Adrien was calling and hung up. "Who was that?" Alya asked, tiredness still evident in her voice.

"Adrien. I'll call him back later," Marinette said. "You guys should be dating already," Alya said, rubbing the tiredness out of his eyes. "We're almost there. Just a few more things to clear up," Marinette said.

"What time is it?" Alya asked, sitting up. Marinette lazily got her phone and passed it to Alya. "Oh crap," Alya said, "I need to get ready for work."

"Imagine having to go to work on Monday," Marinette said and Alya could imagine the smile playing on Marinette's tired face. "Yeah, yeah. I already used up all my sick days," Alya said.

"Go get ready. Your talking is keeping me," she yawned, "-up."

"Good morning to you too Mari," Alya said, walking out.

Marinette slept for another half hour before waking up again. The sunlight poured in through the slightly opened curtains. Although she thought the sun looked brighter than normal, she wrote it off.

Marinette brushed her hair before putting it into a ponytail. She quickly started to unpack. She got through all the plates and pans before heading onto her next box which included unpacking all the towels and some extra blankets.

Luckily, Marinette got finished with those two boxes before taking a shower. While she knew she was going to get dirty again, she felt yicky.

Marinette was luckily able to build the bookshelf she and Alya had bought before unpacking the boxes she knew had books in them.

Slowly but surely Marinette got through most of the boxes, having one box full of things she wanted Alya's opinion on and some things that Alya didn't want to touch. She sat down on the couch when she felt her phone go off from her back pocket.

Sunshine: Anyone up for lunch? @ 12:45

Ladyblogger: You paying?

Sunshine: Sure

Ladyblogger: jk- O_O I'm going

Materialgurl: I just finished unpacking. I'm so sore

Sunshine: I can fix that ;)

Materialgurl: I'll go

Ladyblogger: And I oop-

TMNT: You guys talk too much

TMNT: I'm down. Café Amis?

Materialgurl: Ayyye

Ladyblogger: Let's goooo

Sunshine: Always

TMNT: See you guys soon

Marinette's stomach growled as she closed the chat and sat on the couch. "I can't wait for lunch."