Chapter 5

Adrien froze and his shoulders tensed. The rest of the group stopped a few steps in front of him.

"Do you guys hear that too?" Adrien asked. "No? What are you hearing?" Marinette asked. "It was a growl. It sounded-"

A scream filled the air. And then two and then three and soon they couldn't tell how many people were screaming. A few people were running out of their buildings into a car. Others were rushing out of an alley.

"The alley. Somethings in there," Adrien as they rushed to the alley, pushing through people. The alley was empty but they could still hear the growling. They looked around and Marinette searched the farthest part of the alley.

"There's noth-" Alya screamed as Adrien yelled her name. She barely had time to see the monster she had first encountered as a first year at Alfea. She closed her eyes, kneeled, and put her arms in front of her, trying to block as much damage.

And then she heard a shing. A noise so very familiar to her that her blood pumped louder in her ears. She opened her eyes, the sight in front of her shocking her.

His purple hair and blue suit and those oh-so-familiar eyes. "Riven," she whispered and she didn't know if she said it or imagined it.

"Musa, are you okay?" he asked, offering her a hand up. "Riven, what are you doing here?"

"We came-" screams outside the alley. They rushed over before Marinette stopped. "We," her eyes widened.

She exited the alley to see monsters attacking people, covering them up in spiderwebs and something else that she didn't want to find out.

The flying creatures were hitting the building above them. "Nino, shell-ter!" she yelled as she watched the top half of the building crumble above them. Nino quickly transformed. They all covered their eyes as the green bubble wrapped around them.

"There's no way out without it all crumbling down on us. My cataclysm won't work," Adrien said, but Marinette wasn't paying attention.

"What are you doing here?" they heard Marinette say and suddenly all the attention was turned to her and the strange man.

"We came to find you, Musa. You disappeared without a trace for three years!" the purple-haired man said. "I didn't disappear, Riven. I just left," Marinette said.

"You didn't tell any of us where you went. We went years without any message or clue from you. We had to beg the princess for help trying to find you," Riven said. "So it wasn't just a dream," she scoffed.

"You said we," her voice was soft, "Are they here too?" Marinette asked. "All the Specialists and all the Winx, minus you," Riven said.

"Guys!" a voice called from the outside and Marinette's heart melted. "We can't get out without it crumbling on top of us!" Riven yelled back, punching the shield. More screams from outside

"Woah, dude chill out. Trying to keep us safe," Nino replied. "Who are you?" Riven growled. "You do not get to talk to him like that Mr," Alya said. Adrien snuck to Marinette silently. "Are you okay? Who is that guy?"

Arguing broke out between the three people. "Shut up!" Marinette yelled. "Musa-"

"No Riven. I built this new life for myself. Away from that world, I'm returning. You guys need to go back to Magix and forget about you ever seeing me," Marinette replied.

"Musa-"

"Why do you keep calling her that?" Alya asked. "Wow. Completely changed your identity. They don't know your real name?" Riven asked. "Real name? What does he mean by that Mari?" Adrien asked.