Chapter 3

Marinette sighed contently as she took a bite of her sandwich. "I didn't think I would be this hungry," Marinette said as she bit into the sandwich once more.

"You do know you could've waited for me to come and help you," Alya said as she took another sip of her drink. "I didn't like having everything packed up," Marinette said.

"You should've taken a break," Nino said. "No, I wasn't going to get anything done if I took a break," Marinette said.

"That's Marinette for you," Adrien chuckled, stealing a fry from Mari's plate. Marinette stuck her tongue out in retaliation. "Put that tongue back into your mouth, Ms. Dupain-Cheng," Alya laughed.

The group laughed as Marinette stuck her tongue out further at Alya. "Honestly, it wasn't just the packing that was bothering me," Marinette said.

Adrien turned his head towards her. "Are you talking about-"

"Yeah," Marinette sighed. They had gotten the Butterfly miraculous, they had caught Gabriel! But they couldn't find the Peacock miraculous, no matter how hard they searched. Marinette had been worried it was going to fall into the wrong hands, that he had given it to one of his accomplices. It was not the first time Marinette had voiced her worries but her whole team needed a break after one of their biggest battles.

"We will find it-" Adrien said, grabbing Marinette's hand, "but we need a break. We have spent three years doing this, we need this break for as long as we can get it."

Marinette rested her head on Adrien's shoulder. "I know, you're right."

Alya scoffed. "I can't believe I never figured out it was you two. It is so freaking obvious now," Alya said, biting into her burger. "That's magic for you, babe."

Alya's phone rang, making her groan. "I swear to God, if Marc- Hello, Marc. What's going on?" Alya said. "Of course. I will have it on your desk by tonight," Alya said, rolling her eyes. "Au revoir," Alya said, hanging up.

"Sorry guys, I have to go. Stupid Marc," Alya said, "Thank you for lunch Adrien."

"No problem," Adrien said. "Bye, Alya," the group said in unison as Alya left the little cafe. "I should probably head back too. Ronnie wants me to finish the song for some upcoming artist," Nino said.

Adrien gave Nino a handshake as Nino slid out of the booth and Nino hugged Marinette, leaving something in her hand. "We both know Adrien wouldn't let us tip," Nino said as Marinette glanced at the money in her hand.

"Goodbye Nino," Marinette said. "Bye, dudes," Nino said, exiting the establishment. Marinette turned around just to see Adrien sneaking a fry from her plate. "If you wanted fries, you should've just ordered a plate of them," Marinette teased, getting a french fry and swatting it on his nose.

"It just tastes better when it comes from you," Adrien said, kissing her forehead. "Every time you do that, I get bugs in my stomach," Marinette said.

"Butterflies! The saying is butterflies in your stomach," Adrien said, rolling his eyes playfully. "I've never understood that. It feels like bugs crawling in my stomach, giving me the chills. Butterflies are too soft and gentle," Marinette said.

"You're crazy," Adrien said, taking a sip of his Coke. "Always. You didn't know that about me?" Marinette said, slyly. "Oh, I did. And I'm along for the ride," Adrien replied, pecking her lips.

When he pulled away, he could see the crimson blush lining her cheeks. "Yeah," she said, "Definitely not butterflies." Adrien sighed.

"Are we ever going to make it official?" Marinette said, closing her eyes. "Yes, we will. But I don't want the press hounding you for being with the son of Hawkmoth," Adrien replied.

"Adrien, stop that. You are more than just your father's son," Marinette said. "I know that," he said, softly, "But that doesn't stop the media. We're lucky we're in the corner where no one can see us. Plus, I want to take you somewhere special when I ask," Adrien teased.

"Let's go head out," Marinette said. Adrien smiled as they exited the booth and building. "Race you to the park?" Marinette smirked.

"Last one there has to pay for lunch tomorrow," Adrien said. "One, two," Marinette ran off and yelled, "Three!"

"Bug! That's cheating!" Adrien said, laughing as he caught up to her. With no surprise, Marinette won with her little head start. The two giggled as Adrien wrapped her arms around Marinette's waist. "What do you say about christening up your new place?"

Marinette giggled as she dragged him back to her apartment.